United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
As funny as Uniteds demise is there are of course plently of lessons for City to take note of. Pep is as big to City as fergie was to them and one day he will go and that will be a very sad day and uncertain time for the club. Hopefully City have a plan in place for what will be a difficult transition.
No doubt losing Pep would be huge, but it’s worth noting we won things under Mancini and Pellegrini. So it’s not like he took a club treading water and made us into a winning side. We’ve definitely been more consistent in winning leagues under pep, but I think that also coincides with the club growing and growing too, and yes Pep plays a big part in that too.

Ferguson was a great manager, but even though he was still having some success at the end, it was more than obvious that the league was getting stronger and clubs were able to compete and ready to overtake them, so their dominance was coming to an end anyway whether he stayed or not, that’s why I think he got out. Left a great legacy and smart enough to know when to get out.

I think if Pep were to leave, we’re in a stronger position right through the club than Utd were at the end of Ferguson’s time. Of course we shouldn’t take anything for granted though.

I see Tent Peg had them in for an 8 mile jog on a Sunday, CRnearly40 will love him for that. :)
I kinda feel the poor sod has already lost the dressing room and will be leaving in a few weeks (shame).
Imagine Slabbo the fucking pit pony running 8 miles on a stinking hot day.
Maybe they're hoping for 11 transfer requests, although Phil Jones will probably stay :)

Comedy gold this, City fans should be lapping it up (and we are)!!
Stadiums falling apart as well as training ground. Nothing is any good:)
Rat face Neville is piss funny constantly crying about the Glazers.
Wonder if he and the other wankers from 92 are planning a take over.
More disharmony, and the grim Scottish reaper pissed on the floor in a corner somewhere, deliriously babbling on about the United way.

I wonder what they would be saying if, for example, the club was still a PLC, with little or no debt, but run the same way? Their problem would be the same as it is now, which is that the people running the club on a day-to-day basis are the problem.

But if they were a PLC and the share price had dropped as dramatically as it has, those people would have been given their marching orders a long time ago.

Of course the owners are a large part of the problem. They've not appointed the right people and simply don't have the right structures in place, as we notably have. They see things too much in commercial terms, so potentially good signings have been missed because "they won't sell shirts" and they've made bad signings (Ronaldo, Maguire, et al) because they will. They've extended the contracts of players they should have let go, because they think they'll get a better fee for them.

They split Gill & Ferguson up as they'd pulled a few fast ones to get what they wanted but they should've kept together for a while longer and planned the managerial succession better.

But they aren't coaching the players or taking training sessions. Avram Glazer isn't making the call on who picks who up at corners or picking the team. They didn't tell McTominay to hoof a simple pass into touch. So they're certainly not the whole problem.
“Of course the owners are a large part of the problem”

Which problem would that be? I can’t see anything I’d personally consider a problem right now?

If these cunts get the game cancelled next Monday they should be docked 10 points the unbearable, self pitying, whining shitbags.
The majority of their fanbase have known nothing but success, listening to them wallowing in self pity on various social media outlets because they finished 6th and aren't winning every week is risably laughable. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on. We remember your little banner, he who laughs last and all that you cunts. Enjoy your ride into footballing oblivion for a few years.

057194-DE-3967-4-EDB-9-C15-127-C9-C47806-B.jpg

On the bench.

As funny as Uniteds demise is there are of course plently of lessons for City to take note of. Pep is as big to City as fergie was to them and one day he will go and that will be a very sad day and uncertain time for the club. Hopefully City have a plan in place for what will be a difficult transition.
Very true and when the sad day Pep says enough, shake is hand say thank you and we move on.

Pep welcome back as a guest anytime but that's it, no place on the board , no advisory role, just our respect from his incredible part in our rise.

And Pep going has what exactly to do with the red mardarses being shite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.