United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Of course the owners are a large part of the problem”

Which problem would that be? I can’t see anything I’d personally consider a problem right now?
Problem is control. Conte wanted to come. The board didn't like Conte because he wanted control. He has it to a certain extent at Spurs and been somewhat successful. He would have done what he wanted at United but they didn't want him having that amount of power. When I say "they" I mean a certain elder manager as the main General among others. He is certainly part of the huge problem they have.

Is it? Bit fishy if you ask me.
There is literally nothing he’s said there that’s remotely fishy and he’s completely correct.

Unlike United with Busby, we should learn lessons from the past and not make the same mistakes both before and when Pep eventually goes - which he will one day.

We need to have a plan, which I fully expect we do, because, unlike United, we’re not run by idiots.

057194-DE-3967-4-EDB-9-C15-127-C9-C47806-B.jpg

On the bench.
You will have to ask him as he is the font of all knowledge.

There is literally nothing he’s said there that’s remotely fishy and he’s completely correct.

Unlike United with Busby, we should learn lessons from the past and not make the same mistakes both before and when Pep eventually goes - which he will one day.

We need to have a plan, which I fully expect we do, because, unlike United, we’re not run by idiots.
Our chairman is not the interfering type. He defers to Pep 100% of the time in footballing matters. He is always behind the scenes quietly encouraging and letting the footballing minds do their job. Pep is the captain of the ship. What he says goes. You only have to look at the body language. The ultimate respect for Pep is there for all to see. There's sometimes quite a bit of give from him and fun around the place but when he is serious and makes a decision no one questions it. This was illustrated a few weeks ago when Haaland said " he's a bit mad" meaning Pep's handling of things. He's often a nice guy but you don't cross him. That could take take a bit of getting used to from a younger player's perspective. It might seem strange a manager who is quiet for long periods then before the game in the dressing room and at half time suddenly bursts into an animated rant. But you listen and you listen good. You know your job and what's required of you. It's up to you to hone your skills to what he wants. Pep the authority. Delegated 100% by the owners through the chairman. That's why we win titles. Alex Ferguson is still the authority at United. It's a swamp of his own making. He's the main problem. You do not let anyone rule from upstairs. There should be no room for nostalgia but it infests that club infinitum. Past glory days etc... I've sympathy for Ten Hag. He just never knew what he was getting into.

Last edited:
Our chairman is not the interfering type. He defers to Pep 100% of the time in footballing matters. He is always behind the scenes quietly encouraging and letting the footballing minds do their job. Pep is the captain of the ship. What he says goes. You only have to look at the body language. The ultimate respect for Pep is there for all to see. There's sometimes quite a bit of give from him and fun around the place but when he is serious and makes a decision no one questions it. This was illustrated a few weeks ago when Haaland said " he's a bit mad" meaning Pep's handling of things. He's often a nice guy but you don't cross him. That could take take a bit of getting used to from a younger player's perspective. It might seem strange a manager who is quiet for long periods then before the game in the dressing room and at half time suddenly bursts into an animated rant. But you listen and you listen good. You know your job and what's required of you. It's up to you to hone your skills to what he wants. Pep the authority. Delegated 100% by the owners through the chairman. That's why we win titles. Alex Ferguson is still the authority at United. It's a swamp of his own making. He's the main problem. You do not let anyone rule from upstairs. There should be no room for nostalgia but it infests that club infinitum. Past glory days etc... I've sympathy for Ten Hag. He just never knew what he was getting into.
I agree with all of that, which makes our succession planning even more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.