United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, more than anything else, explains their downfall.

Fergie was getting on and they should've handled him leaving far better. In fact, it's hard to think of a worse way to do it. The new man should've come in and worked with him and got to know the culture of the club. This was a fairly unique club in that he ran the place, top to toe whereas everyone now had Directors of Football etc in place.

Moyes came in and got rid of many of their staff and brought in his own men. I can understand why he would want his own men in, but he should've kept them on for their experience. It really showed his naievity, he wasn't a Mourinho/Guardiola/Ancelotti who had a track record of success. At this point now, the 'Fergie United' had gone and by the time van Gaal had got rid of Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Welbeck, Evans, Hernandez etc it makes you wonder if there was any part of it left. Other than the pisscan turning up to see them get beat and booed at home, his dynasty had completely gone.

Mourinho's character and style was well known and he did well there. His style of football was at odds with van Gaal, Moyes and Fergies. He came and went then Ole comes in who's counter attacking, looser style of play was again at odds with Mourinho's style. Ten Haag wants to play like us, but he's got a squad of players who aren't suited to his style.

Contrast that with us and Pep. When he came in, half the squad could adapt to his style and the players who couldn't went fast and were replaced by ones who played his style. The club now is the best run club in world football. When Pep goes, the next manager who comes in won't be Simeone etc it will be someone who plays the way that Pep, Soriano and Bergistrain play. I really don't understand why they aren't trying to copy what we do!
I think one thing that often gets overlooked from the time old red nose left is that Gill went at the same time too. It left a complete power vacuum that was subsequently filled with incompetents. If he'd stayed on another year to aid in the transition I doubt they'd be in quite such a mess now. Easy to speculate of course but it certainly wouldn't of helped. It's another thing that can be laid at Ferguson's door though as he elected to stay on a bit longer to put us back in our place. If he'd gone when he originally said he was going to then they would have had that transition period.

This story about flat erik having them run nearly 15 km today is pure amateur hour gold. Isn't he supposed to be well respected? Let's punish the team for being shit by running them into the ground the day after a game and cause a handleful of injuries. Long may the circus continue.
No doubt that will have endeared Ten Haaaaaaargh to the players that bit more.
Twat thing to do.
Their confidence is shot.
It’s the v last thing those players need.

Fucking brilliant this…

They don't know what rock bottom is like. Fuck the absolute fucking lot of them. Funnily enough I was 9 when some older rag **** came on the field near our house and kicked the shit out of me because I had my City shirt on. Imagine having to go home to your mum and tell her some **** has broken your nose because you don't support that shite.

I truly fucking detest them and my hatred of them cuts deep. I'd honestly celebrate them going down like I celebrated Sergios winner.

I want them to fucking suffer then go bust on the day I die.

I see Tent Peg had them in for an 8 mile jog on a Sunday, CRnearly40 will love him for that. :)
I kinda feel the poor sod has already lost the dressing room and will be leaving in a few weeks (shame).
Imagine Slabbo the fucking pit pony running 8 miles on a stinking hot day.
Maybe they're hoping for 11 transfer requests, although Phil Jones will probably stay :)

Comedy gold this, City fans should be lapping it up (and we are)!!

Last edited:
As funny as Uniteds demise is there are of course plently of lessons for City to take note of. Pep is as big to City as fergie was to them and one day he will go and that will be a very sad day and uncertain time for the club. Hopefully City have a plan in place for what will be a difficult transition.

As funny as Uniteds demise is there are of course plently of lessons for City to take note of. Pep is as big to City as fergie was to them and one day he will go and that will be a very sad day and uncertain time for the club. Hopefully City have a plan in place for what will be a difficult transition.

Yep. We won't be giving it to David Moyes.

I don't believe that's necessarily true, we won the league and cups with Pellers and Mancini the rags only winner after Busby was baconface.

Difference being that Pep won’t hang around like a wart on the end of a limp cock.

I thought it would try to look at the ownersip issue from their perspective.
What do they actually want?
Somone with at least 4-6 billion to buy the club.
Someone who is then going to invest more money fixing up the stadium.
Someone to invest even more money in the playing staff to make them competetive again.
Someone who understands the "United way"

Sounds reasonable however they have some conditions as they are the moral compass in all that is right and good,

This new owner must not buy the club with a leveraged buyout.
must not take any dividends from the club.
Must not be associated with any human rights issue.
must not be funded by monies derived from the oil or petrol industries.
Must not be Russian.
Must not be Chinese
Must not be from the middle east.
Must be prepared to invest their own money into the club.
Must be prepared to have protests and marches if they lose a game.
Must be prepared to be slagged off in the media by former club "legends"
Must be prepared to change managers as and when the fans get restless.
Must be prepared to outbid City for any player.
Must be prepared to be slagged off for outbidding City for said player a few months later.
Must be prepared to have games postponed if the fans get emotional and think they may lose.

I am sure i have missed other obvious conditions out so plwase feel free to add.

So in short a quite specific type of owner in mind, sounds simple enough to find otherwise why all the pressure to get rid of the Glazers
Basically Trotters Independent Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.