United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Sancho is at home watching Phil Foden at the world cup this winter thinking about a relegation battle, I hope somebody reminds him he once left city and the privilege of learning from Pep because he couldn't wait 12-18 months to make a name for himself. I also hope every clueless pundit is reminded of their opinions on both those players at the time too. Sancho is the biggest weapon we could possibly have in convincing eager kids to stay and trust City.

I thought they had a good summer last year tbf, and I wasn’t on my own on here thinking that - especially given they’d finished 2nd the season before.

Neville wasn't bleating about the Glazers a year ago. He thought they had had a very good transfer window and the signings would bring a winning mentality and only Chelsea and City would pip them to the title.

He didn't plan to retire, certainly not for the 2013/14 season. I think he wanted one final crack at the CL, although how he hoped to win it with the squad he had I'm not sure.

But my understanding (from two very good sources) is that he saw his arse over Woodward refusing to put up the £80m he wanted to re-sign Ronaldo that summer. Woodward, undoubtedly under instructions from the Glazers, would only offer him £30m net, and told him he would have to find the rest via sales. So he stormed off and rang Moyes.

The irony is that, since he went and the Glazers have realised how much he brought to the party, they've thrown more and more money at the problem. If Woodward had said "Fine. We'll give you whatever you need" in April 2013, they might have saved much of the subsequent money they've wasted on dross.
I thought he'd retired in part because he knew City were catching/had caught them and couldn't live with it. I don't know how true the rumours were but there's no denying that he's said enough about City over the years to make him look like a complete tool, and what people usually do in that situation when they've been found out is run and hide.

I re-watched one of the goals: rags attacking, Brentford defender wins the ball in his own area and floats a beautiful pass up the wing. Slabhead stands under the flight and watches the pretty ball sail over his head. Oops, am I supposed to chase back? Winger collects, pass inside, GOAL. Just hilarious.
500 million pound squad, 50p defensive awareness.

Remeber the dark days when City got Pep in and we were playing, or trying to get used to the passing out from the back. Nightmare times and by Christmas (Losing heavily to everton and Leicester) I was at the point of saying this isnt going to work in the PL. But he stuck with it, eventually brought in the right players and then there was no stopping us.

Utd are at that moment now with TH, they need a reset and a style, the style isnt the Utd way anymore. But their media spotlight, the intense pressure on them from ALL directions is not going to let TH do the same. Utd fans wont stand for anymore of this, its all going to blow up.

I thank god we never ended up as overbloated as Utd, and no wonder Pep came here, he couldnt have achieved what he has under the microscope (And mismanagement) of Utd.
Um....I'm not sure how old you are, but it's not exactly what I would call "the dark days". Roll back 20-odd years or so to defeat to Wycombe Wanderers, York City and Mansfield Town, to name but a few, and you might have a point.

You've only got to listen to Kneville at the weekend to understand what a fucking dream world they are all in at United. Redknapp called it right for me, Woodward got the blame for the demise over the past ten years, and has he rightly said Woodward isn't there anymore so who gets the blame now? Only Keane has ever intimated and spoke openly about Ferguson and I'm sure he and plenty of others who remain anonymous will only tell more about him and his influence at United either when he leaves the club or he throws a seven. Ferguson went unquestioned at United during his tenure, its very obvious that he still has a say so in certain aspects of the club, otherwise what on earth is he still doing there? The cracks are getting bigger by the day as to what the real problems are, a club stuck in the past, they lived off Munich for years, and living off Fergusons influence is just an extension of that. When Ferguson, Gill and Brian Robson are part of the new "think tank" that was so well publicised the other week then you know they are desperate.

During this last decade, they've often made signings that have seemingly made sense, only for it to go pear-shaped. Their summer 2016 window springs to mind - Pogba, Mkhitaryan, and Ibrahimovic, along with appointing Mourinho as manager had United fans creaming their pants and plenty of our lot getting concerned.

& they came 2nd & that is their problem being up against Peps City has driven them backwards.

You've only got to listen to Kneville at the weekend to understand what a fucking dream world they are all in at United. Redknapp called it right for me, Woodward got the blame for the demise over the past ten years, and has he rightly said Woodward isn't there anymore so who gets the blame now? Only Keane has ever intimated and spoke openly about Ferguson and I'm sure he and plenty of others who remain anonymous will only tell more about him and his influence at United either when he leaves the club or he throws a seven. Ferguson went unquestioned at United during his tenure, its very obvious that he still has a say so in certain aspects of the club, otherwise what on earth is he still doing there? The cracks are getting bigger by the day as to what the real problems are, a club stuck in the past, they lived off Munich for years, and living off Fergusons influence is just an extension of that. When Ferguson, Gill and Brian Robson are part of the new "think tank" that was so well publicised the other week then you know they are desperate.
This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.