United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be clear to anyone that the useless cunts haven’t got a fucking clue what they are doing.

This is the bit that I can't understand. Almost everyone can see what they should do, but they don't do it. Do we think they are certifiable idiots or is it possible something is holding them back? Maybe I am looking for a conspiracy when there isn't one, but do we think they are really that stupid?

Anyone else still pissing themselves laughing? Or is there something wrong with me

Well I've just watched Match of the Day 2 and I was laughing my head off.

I thought it was a nice touch that the officials at the Notts Forest vs West Ham game wore Man United's third strip too, everyones getting in on the joke now!

I think that's a bit of a strange argument tbh.

By way of illustration, if a CEO runs a company into the ground, no-one would say he's done a good job because he managed to pay himself £2m/year for a few years. In fact they would say the very opposite.

By the same token, I don't see how one could argue that the Glazers have done a good job simply by making money for themselves.
They've also made a fortune available for team strengthening. Something too many in the media forget.

IF Ten Hag did call the players in for extra training yesterday and it was his decision that they do a 13km run then he is totally clueless and well out of his depth. I would be worried if he'd called the players in and they'd worked on their tactics

As funny as Uniteds demise is there are of course plently of lessons for City to take note of. Pep is as big to City as fergie was to them and one day he will go and that will be a very sad day and uncertain time for the club. Hopefully City have a plan in place for what will be a difficult transition.

There is no way City will implode after Guardiola leaves in the way that United have since Ferguson left. The reason is simple. We have a robust structure in place which binds together the owner, the management and the football staff which will not be affected at all by Guardiola leaving. Any new manager will have the full support of that structure, within the same guidelines that Guardiola works under.

Where there may be a drop-off is in on-field performance, depending on the effectiveness of the new manager
Because, let's face it Guardiola is the best. So we may be challengers rather than favourites.

But those worrying about some United-like meltdown should relax a little imo.

The story I heard was that he wanted them to run 13km as that was the distance run by Brentford players during the game. I assume that's the average or it could just be a number plucked from thin air.
But what good did it do? Some clubs have ten headless chickens running around like loonies because they can't play football. The rags are supposed to have talented players. I don't think they lost because they didn't run, I think they lost because they had no idea what they were supposed to be doing, or because they were being asked to do something they couldn't do.
There's more to playing out from the back than simply taking short goal kicks.

You have conspicuously failed to answer my question; instead responding with a question.

I don’t know whether they are making decisions on a day to day basis and it doesn’t undermine my argument either way.

They have installed a management team, a pitifully failing one. They have also authorised the structure that team operates in. They have also chosen to keep Ferguson in a position of influence. All these outcomes are founded upon their poor decision making.

Who do you think is responsible for that, other than the family that have a controlling stake in the club?

I am struggling to see why you are having any difficulty grasping this. You are normally a sensible and common sense poster.
I see and agree with some of your points. But I just don't think all the blame can be laid at the Glazers.

Well the main one for me, when the time comes is to say goodbye, thank you and close the door behind you.

Fergusson sat in the stands, office at the training ground and car par spot etc is a ghost to one and all, unacceptable.

Going back to when the Alison/Mercer partnership was broken, the romance for Big Mal came back to haunt us.

Not for one second do I think our board would allow any of that to happen, but it's still a warning how things can change very quickly.
I'll agree with that, exactly the point I made earlier.
Thinking about it there are a few things we should guard against, not becoming an arrogant entitled fan base which is a lot easier for those of us who went through the dark days.
On many occasions when our players are being interviewed, humility is a word often expressed,
These are the characteristics that will help keep us at the top even through change of manager.

Do you think they are making decisions on a day to day basis. The issue i think is that they have kept Fegusson on the board. They have installed a management team.
Hardly a management team.
A CEO who knows nowt about the football business, just like his predecessor.
A DOF who is an overblown data analyst. And ten years too late.
A scouting dept who were sacked. Any replacements yet?
Multiple managers, some good, some bad, some laughable.
etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.