United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's a bit of a strange argument tbh.

By way of illustration, if a CEO runs a company into the ground, no-one would say he's done a good job because he managed to pay himself £2m/year for a few years. In fact they would say the very opposite.

By the same token, I don't see how one could argue that the Glazers have done a good job simply by making money for themselves.
I think the point he is making is they've done a good job from their own point of view. If I was running a club and were able to take out £20 million plus every year I'd be pretty happy with that regardless of the match results.

I still think part of the blame lies with the previous hierarchy. They knew the Glazers had no money of their own to put into it when they sold out to them.

But anyway, who gives a toss.

I re-watched one of the goals: rags attacking, Brentford defender wins the ball in his own area and floats a beautiful pass up the wing. Slabhead stands under the flight and watches the pretty ball sail over his head. Oops, am I supposed to chase back? Winger collects, pass inside, GOAL. Just hilarious.
As funny as that was, it was nowhere near as funny as watching them try to play out from the back!

Butchering?
Fix → Fixes → Fixer → Fixing
Repair → Repairs → Repairer → Repairing
Clean → Cleans → Cleaner → Cleaning
Dance → Dances → Dancer → Dancing
Manage → Manages → Manager → Managing
Play → Plays → Player → Playing
Follow → Follows → Follower → Following
Butch → Butches → Butcher → Butching

d5a3d474c36a4f114e0e8fcecdd1f078.jpg

I've mentioned this before, but what the fuck is happening with the Pisscan? He'll be 82 December and he's supposed to have retired 10 years ago, but realistically he never left the place. I don't think I've seen the rags playing without him overseeing everything.
Most people of that age would be enjoying the Norfolk Broads or sunning themselves on the beaches at St Tropez, but this odious fucker can't seem to stay away from the swamp for some reason or other. He had a serious operation a few years back so why isn't he taking things easy?

He can't really be hanging around to ensure the new man is not a success, surely? And it cannot possibly be for the money?
He is still pulling strings behind the scenes, and stinking the place out.
Says a lot about the complete lack of structure and management that they had to resort to getting him into a meeting at Carrington with PR7 ti try and get him to play this season.
As long as he is there then there will be no improvemen.

Oh i see on gossip they offered PR7 to both Milan teams and they are the latest to say no thanks.

Do people actually do that? Is that actually a thing?
My wife's long time mate was married to a long time blue. They lived Altrincham way, he started going in all the rag haunts round there. In the end he was drinking with the players, (the Robson era) going to home and away games the lot. The sad thing is they had the money he didn't, when she found out he had cashed in his pension early and they were skint, she left him. But yes there are sad bastards who will change teams.

You've only got to listen to Kneville at the weekend to understand what a fucking dream world they are all in at United. Redknapp called it right for me, Woodward got the blame for the demise over the past ten years, and has he rightly said Woodward isn't there anymore so who gets the blame now? Only Keane has ever intimated and spoke openly about Ferguson and I'm sure he and plenty of others who remain anonymous will only tell more about him and his influence at United either when he leaves the club or he throws a seven. Ferguson went unquestioned at United during his tenure, its very obvious that he still has a say so in certain aspects of the club, otherwise what on earth is he still doing there? The cracks are getting bigger by the day as to what the real problems are, a club stuck in the past, they lived off Munich for years, and living off Fergusons influence is just an extension of that. When Ferguson, Gill and Brian Robson are part of the new "think tank" that was so well publicised the other week then you know they are desperate.
Probably the best post on here. The reason they can't get it right is they have American owners who don't know anything about football and think that all they have to do is throw money at it. They're hiring people who don't know much more, and those people are hiring people who were around decades ago because they don't know the football business as it is today and don't know which way to turn to find the people they need.

The latest managerial appointment proves it. An inexperienced manager who comes from a club in a relatively minor league compared to the Prem, from a team who had no realistic competition (how many Dutch Eredivisie clubs can you name? Ajax have scored more goals than City from their first two matches so they're not exactly struggling without Ten Hag). You could see from his TV interview that he's completely out of his depth here, so he has to find his feet before United can find theirs. That's not the sort of manager you want to take charge of a big club with players with big egos who are not performing.

Who knows where they go next, because it's getting to the stage where nobody else wants to come. How long before that applies to managers who are only taking the job for one final big pay cheque, like van Gaal? While every other top club are signing top managers with a proven track record, Untied don't even seem to know how to do that. Unless nobody with any credibility wants to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.