United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the World Cup break took place, we've had to play Liverpool at home, and Chelsea both home and away. You can chuck Leeds in as a very decent side as well for that matter.

United have had Burnley, Bournemouth, Wolves, Nottingham Forest and Charlton.

My hope for Saturday is that our harder fixtures recently stand us in good stead, a bit like iron sharpening iron. We've had games against good sides and come through with the wins in those games and have a right to be confident in a win at the swamp.

United have come up against bang average sides that don't carry anywhere near the same threat and handled them. Hopefully, their players realise quickly their form since the World Cup was achieved on the back of favourable fixtures. An early City goal should see to that.

Roll on Saturday... rag bastards.

Zebra pants protests have gone quiet again.

Glazers teased them with suggestions they might sell, teams doing ok ish again and not a sniff of getting a game called off.

Biggest set of slapped arses in world football
Last time I saw them, there were at least 2 Glazer Out banners above the players tunnel, not to mention the planned protests that have been circulating around social media - The 1958 or some such shite.

Sky transfer centre on in the background, they just piped up with “breaking news” , Weghorst has an agreement to join the Rags. I put it on hold and said to Mrs H “they’ll dress this up as a good deal”. They should have been pissing themselves laughing but the following came out from all three:

Brilliant in the air, 6ft 6 inches
Great touch for a big man
Most “pressures” from a player in the PL last year whatever that means
Scored 9 goals for Bestikas in the Turkish League
Rags only have one number 9, Martial in the squad, now they have two
Rags fans will love him
He’s only a stop gap, that despite all the above

What they failed to say was he scored 2 goals for Burnley

Joke signing.

Their player stats are always overstated anyway….

Scholes is a great example. Held as some demi god of a creative midfielder. But the truth is somewhat different.

Never more than 7 assists in a season in PL and total of 55 in PL history from 500 games.

To put it into context Crouch got 56 and Nobby Solano got 62 !
My go to method for winding up rags is to state that Scholes is/was massively overrated. Guaranteed a reaction.

Sky transfer centre on in the background, they just piped up with “breaking news” , Weghorst has an agreement to join the Rags. I put it on hold and said to Mrs H “they’ll dress this up as a good deal”. They should have been pissing themselves laughing but the following came out from all three:

Brilliant in the air, 6ft 6 inches
Great touch for a big man
Most “pressures” from a player in the PL last year whatever that means
Scored 9 goals for Bestikas in the Turkish League
Rags only have one number 9, Martial in the squad, now they have two
Rags fans will love him
He’s only a stop gap, that despite all the above

What they failed to say was he scored 2 goals for Burnley

Joke signing.
He's an excellent signing for them, pack it in. Next you will be saying Fred or Maguire or Wan Bissaka or Ronaldo or Sancho or Bebe were joke signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.