United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf, if they had any kind of sense they would've been all in for Pep after Whiskey nose left. Thank fuck their God "Sir" Alex Ferguson decided that David Moyes was the next Rags manager and thinking just signing Felleni would be OK. They were delusional then and are even more so now. It's fkn lovely.
Ferguson went for Moyes because he knew his legacy as The King of Stretford would be safe,Pep would have made him
look like the gobshite he is.

This is what will continue to hold them back. Let it continue. Their continued pursuit of special players, rather than a well functioning team. “This is Manchester United” we’re talking about.
Nail on the head, as long as they persist in that daft narrative that they are somehow "special" the longer their decline goes on, it's been the downfall of empires never mind football clubs

Probably shouldn’t admit this now lol but I stood up & applaudEd berbatov against spurs he was magnificent that cup game . but as we know it was a regular occurrence to appreciate great football & sportsmanship years ago at city
Yes he was different class that game.
I remember him killing dead on his instep a ball from about 70 ft out of the air from the boot of their keeper. The ball just seemed to stick with him that game

Nail on the head, as long as they persist in that daft narrative that they are somehow "special" the longer their decline goes on, it's been the downfall of empires never mind football clubs
I wonder how long it took for the press to stop saying: "This is Preston North End we are talking about" after their Invincibles season in 1888/1889. I give United another decade of mediocrity before they fade from the memories of even the most deluded pundits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.