United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that follow the Prem as a whole more than I do, IF Maguire leaves United for another Prem team, do you believe he starts?

I just took over a fantasy football team with him on it, and I'm wondering if there's any hope of getting rid of him.

If another Prem team buys him they'll play him. No point buying him otherwise.

Unless the most westernised Qatar bloke in history or his dad are financing this Xfer window
<INSERT stock photoshop touch-up studio portrait of Sheik Jassim INTO article>

Because no-one in the Western media print circles has a live/real photo of him to use.
BQbg7J7.gif

BBC doing their best to shift slabhead for the rags. Latest article almost reads like an eBay listing.
Do they want rid just because he's shit, or are they wanting rid because of the court case in Greece? Either way, I don't see them making a profit on their £80m investment.
He's currently 5th choice center back. If someone is willing to fork 30 million out for him, then Ten Hag will snap their hands off.

He could do a job for a mid to bottom PL side. His biggest problem is that he prefers to defend deep, in touching distance with the opposition center forward, so he can shepherd them, outjump them in close quarters.

Ten Hag want's his central defenders to play on the halfway line. So any balls over the top and Maguire is immediately exposed, because he doesn't have the pace to catch anyone. He was also exposed at playing out from the back. He's doesn't break the lines or bring the ball out like Martinez and Varane can.

He's not a modern day center back, but there are still plenty of teams who still need a big guy to defend their penalty area. (Gareth Southgate)

Last edited:
He's currently 5th choice center back. If someone is willing to fork 30 million out for him, then Ten Hag will snap their hands off.

He could do a job for a mid to bottom PL side. His biggest problem is that he prefers to defend deep, in touching distance with the opposition center forward, so he can shepherd them, outjump them in close quarters.

Ten Hag want's his central defenders to play on the halfway line. So any balls over the top and Maguire is immediately exposed, because he doesn't have the pace to catch anyone. He was also exposed at playing out from the back. He's does break the lines or bring the ball out like Martinez and Varane can.

He's not a modern day center back, but there are still plenty of teams who still need a big guy to defend their penalty area. (Gareth Southgate)
He won’t be playing the shuttle role any time soon.

Just a ‘minor’ dispute with HMRC always remember the context it should be reported in.
How is anyone surprised by this?

The Glazers are crooks and shysters. They bought the club on the never never and they've been turning tricks ever since.

They've only put up the for sale sign, because the wagons are circling.

BBC doing their best to shift slabhead for the rags. Latest article almost reads like an eBay listing.
Do they want rid just because he's shit, or are they wanting rid because of the court case in Greece? Either way, I don't see them making a profit on their £80m investment.
I think the rags are missing out on a trick here.
Surely Maguire could play in goal and be on a par with DeGea as a shot stopper with the size of his firkin.
Would save them a fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.