United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josko aside, the day might have just got even better if it's true?

View attachment 86985
Wouldn't surprise me

These takeovers usually gather steam quite quickly. Even with the newcastle one, once they got the green light, the takeover happened quite fast.

The rags one never seems to be moving anywhere. The middle east lot don't usually mess about, they get things done if they think the deal is right.

I've always felt the Glazers will still be there come next season.

Josko aside, the day might have just got even better if it's true?

View attachment 86985

Dunno if it's better because of that. Funnier, yes, because their fans will be pissed off.

But I kind of see the Glazers a bit like Swales, gradually running the club down, but keeping it going.

However, I reckon Jim Ratcliffe could have been their Franny Lee. The 'saviour' who finishes the job off and brings it all crashing down.

Dunno if it's better because of that. Funnier, yes, because their fans will be pissed off.

But I kind of see the Glazers a bit like Swales, gradually running the club down, but keeping it going.

However, I reckon Jim Ratcliffe could have been their Franny Lee. The 'saviour' who finishes the job off and brings it all crashing down.
I distinctly recall in the media, back in November, someone saying that the 6 Glazer siblings, wouldn't budge until each one of them walked away with a billion each.

I don't think that the any of the offers have met that target yet.

The other bit to consider is this. Even after someone potentially bids the 6 billion, they still have a 900 million debt to contend with. And then they have to buy out the class B shares. So it actually comes out at 7.5bn

INEOS bid was 4.5bn - Miles off

Qatar seem to have tabled the 6bn asking price, but want to be debt free afterwards, which is fair enough. For that to be possible, the Glazer siblings would have to split the 5.1bn between them. So they would all walk away with 850m each. But they won't do that.

This stalemate is a combination of Qatar's reputation and the Glazers greed.

So a quarter of a billion spent in the last window and now if they get Hojilund as well for the reported £50-£60m then that's well over £150m spent in this window, all whilst not selling anyone of significant value at all... and this is united supposedly having to "limit their spending in order to comply with FFP"

Given their decade of failure and underachievement I find it really difficult to understand how they're still capable of out-spending every other club in the league, if not every other club in Europe for the last 10 years.
I strongly suspect the stretford pile of hush money ain't endless either, with some of the types they employ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.