United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Phil Jones and Slabhead ever play together? If so, how hilarious was the outcome.

I distinctly recall in the media, back in November, someone saying that the 6 Glazer siblings, wouldn't budge until each one of them walked away with a billion each.

I don't think that the any of the offers have met that target yet.

The other bit to consider is this. Even after someone potentially bids the 6 billion, they still have a 900 million debt to contend with. And then they have to buy out the class B shares. So it actually comes out at 7.5bn

INEOS bid was 4.5bn - Miles off

Qatar seem to have tabled the 6bn asking price, but want to be debt free afterwards, which is fair enough. For that to be possible, the Glazer siblings would have to split the 5.1bn between them. So they would all walk away with 850m each. But they won't do that.

This stalemate is a combination of Qatar's reputation and the Glazers greed.
So even though the exchange rate between the pound and the dollar constantly fluctuates, each of the Glazer siblings have independently come to the same conclusion that they will not sell for anything less than the exact same sum in sterling?

So even though the exchange rate between the pound and the dollar constantly fluctuates, each of the Glazer siblings have independently come to the same conclusion that they will not sell for anything less than the exact same sum in sterling?
Yes it seems hard to believe,the other alternatives are they love the club so much they don’t want to sell or they find the zebra pant and green and gold protests so hilariously funny they want to continue to get amusement from the nineteen or so twats that surround the ground

Yes it seems hard to believe,the other alternatives are they love the club so much they don’t want to sell or they find the zebra pant and green and gold protests so hilariously funny they want to continue to get amusement from the nineteen or so twats that surround the ground
Nobody knows what their wider business situation is and what they need, rather than want, to address that. I cannot see their estate of shopping malls in mainly tertiary locations, to be anything more than a severe challenge in the post Covid landscape. In those circumstances, it may well be there is no point selling United unless that’s for a price that is going to get them out of the shit, especially if the cash from the club keeps the whole Ponzi scheme going.

Necessity, as much as greed could be driving this.

Spastics.
There was a drug called thalidomide, a birth control pill, unfortunately it wasn't 100% effective. Babies were born with horrible deformities as a result of the use of the drug.
Short or no arms or legs, spinal problems and so on.
People with these afflictions were known as 'flids' an abbreviation for thalidomide.
I haven't heard that word used for maybe more than 20years and thought that it had died away, as it really ought to have done.
I hope that this is the last time I personally see it.
The fucker has been on ignore since almost day one, was obviously a shithouse rag & as this is being discussed I'm assuming he's used that term or similar, maybe likening the word(s) to us ...ban hammer time surely.

United are a victim of their own "success".

666 trillion fans across the globe!
Biggest club in world football!

And they expect Glazer to sell for £1.50 because you, quote "hate him"?
Money talks and bullshit walks. Glazer knows the value of the club because you told him what it is. So natch, he's not going to sell except for more than the value you all state yourselves to be?

Not going to buy the shirt? Boycott Adidas? Tell that to 'your' legions of fans across Asia, Africa and the United States. They don't care what you say, they'll buy regardless. As long as Glazer has those 666 quadrillion fans buying the product, he has no need to go anywhere.

Woden Bless that wonderful man!
Just to quote your trillion fans bit.
Barca and Madrid have close to twice the insta followers that they do.
City have over 46m
Liverpool 42.5m
Arsenal 26m

I’d never use social media as a barometer for a fanbase , but them saying they are the biggest club in the world still , certainly over the past ten years is fucking laughable.
It’s all in their minds , when the reality is completely different, City eclipse them on revenue to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.