United Thread - 2023/24

We're all talking about the lesser of two evils but Shirley there's a factor we've not considered?

Zebra pants wearing carrier bag megastore fraternising stadium storming scruffy rentamob, anyone? Mind you, it is Sunday and their mum's have probably made roast dinners?

For what it's worth, i reckon the ferals are going to ride 'em like a buckaroo!

Your post has made me think about whether I'd prefer to see them cease to exist or be second best for a decent while longer but accepting that at some point in the future they'll possibly be better than us.

There's so many things like their knobhead fans, the entitlement, the banner, the gobbling media, what an unpleasant individual the gpc has been, the cynical use of a tragedy to promote their brand, the poisoning of school kids etc it goes on and on and partially makes me feel i'd be happy to see them consigned to history forever.

But then I think about the fact that being that bitter towards them makes me little better than they are. The irony has always been that though we are Berties we've never truly been as bitter and small minded as they have. Through our travails we stuck together and had a laugh but much more often at our own expense rather than others. Meanwhile they had vast amounts of success and still couldn't help themselves being twats. That now their supposed fall from grace which has them all twisting in the wind, is actually nothing more than them becoming a mediocre badly managed mid table premier league team (a position millions of fans would love) tells you everything about how lost and pathetic they are.

So my thinking is pretty much what 'would they do?' and then do the opposite. Given I'm pretty sure the majority of them would have been happy to see us go under, my view is I don't want or need to be as sad as them. Let them continue their feeble existence that makes a mockery of what it really means to be a football fan (or even a club) because even if one day that means they're 'better' than us again, then so be it they'll still be rags and clueless about what football really means and I'll still be a blue and by definition will have been dealt the better hand in life.

(awaits first reply of RAG!!!!) :-)
I can keep it short and sweet.

I support Manchester City. I could happily continue that support and feel excitement about football with or without their continued existance. That club, from top to bottom, wants us out of business and no longer a threat, the "115 charges" narrative being a case in point. I see no hypocrisy in wanting to return the sentiment.

They won’t sack Ten Haag even if they get battered. They are still in the cup and will more than likely reach the final. That’s his lifeline. They will probably end 6th too.
Van Gaal won the FA Cup and got fired. Not qualifying for the CL seems to be the main criteria for them sacking their manager.

I can keep it short and sweet.

I support Manchester City. I could happily continue that support and feel excitement about football with or without their continued existance. That club, from top to bottom, wants us out of business and no longer a threat, the "115 charges" narrative being a case in point. I see no hypocrisy in wanting to return the sentiment.

I get that, fight fire with fire makes sense. Despite their intent I don't think they threaten our existence so don't feel the same; but I could be being very naive and I'm certainly not accusing you of hypocrisy.

Exactly that; the comedy show continues...

I want it over, gone, liquidated, cease to exist, bulldozed, unemployed, razed over, distant memory.

I would be happy if they weren't allowed to use our City name. So many arguments I have had with plastic who think they are in Manchester.

Hopefully rags go bust and have to be rebranded as Trafford Red Socks fc.

Gonna be a cricket score to the Dippers today.

Rashford will be ambling around like he is out for a walk.

Penandes will be squealing at every contact.

And Onana will be juggling the ball into his own net.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.