United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with him, we won't even need to win all our games, imo.

If we want to be completely accurate, we can say that it is "effectively" in our hands if we all accept the other two will drop points.
I don’t understand the need to mangle the language. It’s fine to believe that if we win all our games then we’ll win the league. I believe that too. But it is not “in our hands” according to the meaning of that phrase.

I don’t understand the need to mangle the language. It’s fine to believe that if we win all our games then we’ll win the league. I believe that too. But it is not “in our hands” according to the meaning of that phrase.

I think he is just having a bit of fun! :)

The only thing that is in our hands, is to win all our games.
That doesn't mean we will win the league though. In our hands, normally means we don't have to rely on others dropping points.
Having two teams ahead means having to rely on both of them dropping points. This is less likely to happen versus just one team. This isn't a normal two way run in.

This weekends results means it's nobody's league to lose at the moment.
To early to call anything yet...

I listened to Tent Peg's interview and he was lamenting that they'd dropped seven points from winning positions. It illustrates perfectly how you can manipulate facts to make something sound like you were hard done by. In the Brentford and Liverpool games they were absolutely battered for long periods and only bad finishing by their opponents and extreme luck saved them from a hammering. Still well done the rags for spoiling that overhyped arsehole Klopp's farewell tour.

He scored a typical rag goal. A worldie for the cameras. The rest of the match he was completely shit. He has no positional sense.
and yet made Garth Crookes team of the week .....

No over-hyping of a young kid in his first season by the beeb then

If City win all our games we will have done what we needed to do, and i'll be proud of them regardless.

That's City's job now, no relenting, win every game, with the points being so incredibly tight ONE slip up from Arsenal and Liverpool, which is not beyond the realms of improbability, even a draw at this stage, is enough.

So I get what GDB is saying. It's in our hands...that we win every game. We cannot afford to drop any more points. One more fuck up and it's over, regardless of what Liverpool and Arsenal do. To remain in the hunt, we MUST win every game from here on in.

If City win all our games we will have done what we needed to do, and i'll be proud of them regardless.

That's City's job now, no relenting, win every game, with the points being so incredibly tight ONE slip up from Arsenal and Liverpool, which is not beyond the realms of improbability, even a draw at this stage, is enough.

So I get what GDB is saying. It's in our hands...that we win every game. We cannot afford to drop any more points. One more fuck up and it's over, regardless of what Liverpool and Arsenal do. To remain in the hunt, we MUST win every game from here on in.
That's always been what we need to do.
Last season with 8 games left we were 5 points behind.
Now, 7 games and 1 point behind.
:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.