United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I'm speaking about the league I stand by what I've said. If we win ours, we'll win the league.
Six out of Seven would probably still be enough. Maybe even Five, a draw and a loss.
Either way I don't see it being wrapped up for anyone before the last game of the season.
I had a bird like you once, always passing her opinions off as facts.
She was contrary just for the attention too.

Pffft!

I had a bird like you once, always passing her opinions off as facts.
She was contrary just for the attention too.

Pffft!
Good grief. You are aware that you're on a forum, aren't you ?
My optimism, in this instance, obviously conflicts with others pessimism. I understand that. Maybe you should too.

I'm not so sure of that.

I think between now and until the end of the season, all 3 teams at the top will drop points. The champions will be the team that drops the least amount of points from now until the end IMO.

I also think the champions league fixtures will have a big say on the final league positions. If Arse get dumped out this round that will hand them a big advantage. And the same for us if we go out this round and they get through.

Obviously I want City to win every single game from now until the end of the season. But realistically, as we have seen throughout the season, we aren't at the peak levels of last year.
I think you've missed the point of my post.

I wasn't saying what I thought was going to happen. But what needs to happen.

You're being optimistic when everyone else is dealing in facts.
The fact is that it's far from out of our hands. In all probability points will be dropped. That's as factual as any assumption can be. However in the unlikely event that all three of us win our remaining games we'll finish third. What's in our hands are our games. I'll buy that it's out of hands when we're mathematically out of it. Not before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.