United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times do I have to repeat this;

The Gossip Column is not the BBC’s work; it’s only a roundup of the football talk in the day's media. In this case, the Beeb was reporting a story that appeared on ESPN.
Well presumably the BBC choose which stories to include or omit from that round up?

I saw a young girl about 10 yrs old I guess with her family, she was wearing a rag shirt.
I thought to myself if I had a young daughter the rags would be the last team I would want her to support. I thought of Ferdinand, Giggs, Rooney, Anthony, Greenwood, Evans, etc

I saw a young girl about 10 yrs old I guess with her family, she was wearing a rag shirt.
I thought to myself if I had a young daughter the rags would be the last team I would want her to support. I thought of Ferdinand, Giggs, Rooney, Anthony, Greenwood, Evans, etc

During her time on the planet so far she’s never seen a rag team in a title race let alone win it. Never seen the rags play in a champions league final, once again let alone win it. Compare a contrast to City with 8 Premier League titles, a treble, record breaking 100 points, unprecedented 4 league titles in a row, a domestic quadruple. The list goes on.

James Ducker in the Telegraph has Mason Greenwood down as a ‘generational talent’ this morning. He said the exact same thing about Yoro on Saturday. You really do have to laugh.
I'd like to laugh at it, I truly would. But it irritates me that every single article about the rags is a glowing endorsement of what a wonderful club they are. That all of their players are world-beaters and their entire squad was
assembled for less than we paid for the Viking.
We know it's bullshit, other supporters know it's bullshit, anyone with a passing interest in the game knows it's bullshit, so why the fuck are they persisting with this childish myth that the rags are the perfect club and all others are just making up the numbers?
The swamp is in an advanced state of disrepair, the Glazers are fleecing every single penny they can from the club, 25%Jim seems hell-bent on alienating the entire backroom staff with his cuts and managing the purse strings, and yet conversely they are going out and spending record amounts on players no **** has heard of.

The rags have some kind of hold on the media in this country, of that I'm pretty certain. It's the only way they can continuously be seen in a favourable light despite the crap way they are doing things, by having some kind of say in what is written and what isn't.

Before long every article concerning that bastard club will have loads of smiling emojis around it: kisses, love-hearts, thumbs-ups and so on.

The constant positivity, talking up the mundane or the woeful, is a coping mechanism, as they haven’t been able to look at a league table for four years.
My personal favourite was an article during the Euro’s comparing the leaking roof at the Dortmund stadium with the Trafford Falls, as if they are water feature attractions that should be on Trip Advisor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.