United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit that I do quite like it when they get all giddy at the start of the season, if anything I try to egg them on even more. Nothing better than listening to them claiming they are back and the garden's all rosey only to see it decend into an utter clusterfuck soon after the season starts.
Funnily enough me too.

A rag I know told me to fuck off when I said beating us in both FA Cup and charidee shield proves we should be weary of them taking our title next season. The new lad reminds me of peak Vidic...

I have to admit that I do quite like it when they get all giddy at the start of the season, if anything I try to egg them on even more. Nothing better than listening to them claiming they are back and the garden's all rosey only to see it decend into an utter clusterfuck soon after the season starts.
The day it was announced that PR37 was returning to the swamp, all the rags at work were like kids at a birthday party.

It was very enjoyable watching the gradual change of mood, as the season unfolded and the realisation dawned on them that the preening show pony wasn’t going to bring them anywhere near their close neighbours.

Apparently, Camelgob had a major influence on Yoyo joining the rags, according to Slimy Stone.

He adds that the new ugly one was coveted by many European clubs, though curiously enough, he didn’t mention that they weren’t prepared to pay the astronomical fee that the swamp-dwellers splurged:

James Ducker in the Telegraph has Mason Greenwood down as a ‘generational talent’ this morning. He said the exact same thing about Yoro on Saturday. You really do have to laugh.
Apparently (same source) Getafe are getting 20 per cent of his transfer fee for him going to Marseille.. he was only on loan at them! New ownership doing the same great business as always

The rags have some kind of hold on the media in this country, of that I'm pretty certain. It's the only way they can continuously be seen in a favourable light despite the crap way they are doing things, by having some kind of say in what is written and what isn't.

Before long every article concerning that bastard club will have loads of smiling emojis around it: kisses, love-hearts, thumbs-ups and so on.
It's all very simple really and as ever it's a case of follow the money.

The online print and broadcast media make all their money from ad revenue based on the number of clicks, likes and subs their content receives... and despite united's decade of failure and mediocrity they do still have a huge number of gormless armchair supporters across the world who lap up every story that features their beloved club.

They're obviously going to be nothing more than sycophantic rag fanzines in order to keep milking those armchair fans.

I remember as a kid I'd get all giddy whenever City beat Stalybridge Celtic in a pre-season friendly and thinking this was definitely our year... the difference is these rag supporters are grown adults getting all giddy every pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.