United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most truly vile aspects of the defence of Greenwood's actions, even in the face of the video evidence (and the transcribed version of the audio from it) is the line I am seeing posted all over responses to United's club statement: "we have all made mistakes".

In this context, a mistake would be striking your partner in a fit of rage amidst of a heated argument (only once, ever), immediately realising what you have done, showing great remorse, accepting responsibility and the consequences for the violation of trust and duty of care, and doing everything you can to make amends for doing so.

It is horrible thing to do but it is a mistake nearly anyone could make in the right circumstances and one in which there is a path back with real work. Many partners will understandably not want to come back from it, but some may see it as a break of character in a moment of weakness and accept efforts to regain their trust.

A "mistake" is not repeatedly--with evidence--forcing another human being to have sex with you, no matter how many times they say they do not want to. That is not a "mistake", that is a clear, premeditated violation of another human being.

To use the "we are all sinners" nonsense is the lowest of low defences and is indicative of truly dire and despicable personal beliefs of justified dominance over other people.

its absolutely stomach churningly disgusting.

If City were doing the same I wouldn't be able to watch another game, "alleged" victim, fucking unbelievable.
That transcript is enough to sack anyone.

I hope he gets fucking dogs abuse, loved the suggestion of hacking the screen, this "alleged" incident can never be swept under the carpet.
It'd truly awful, any rag reading the transcript needs to ask themselves would they accept that behaviour if it involved their daughter, sister or perhaps if it was their son who was the perpetrator. Never mind not being found guilty, its there for all to see/hear - utter scum.

There's nothing tribal about this, it's quite obvious all Premier league clubs would do the same in this situation. Welcome to capitalism
So, if say a senior City player were accused and charged with rape, and had to go through a lengthy trial which ultimately lead to the charges being dropped or a verdict of not guilty, despite evidence supporting they may have done it, City would reinstate them?

One of the most truly vile aspects of the defence of Greenwood's actions, even in the face of the video evidence (and the transcribed version of the audio from it) is the line I am seeing posted all over responses to United's club statement: "we have all made mistakes".

In this context, a mistake would be striking your partner in a fit of rage midst of a heated argument (only once, ever), immediately realising what you have done, showing great remorse, accepting responsibility and the consequences for the violation of trust and duty of care, and doing everything you can to make amends for doing so.

It is horrible thing to do but it is a mistake nearly anyone could make in the right circumstances and one in which there is a path back with real work. Many partners will understandably not want to come back from it, but some may see it as a break of character in a moment of weakness and accept efforts to regain their trust.

A "mistake" is not repeatedly--with evidence--force another human being to have sex with you, no matter how many times they say they do not want to. That is not a "mistake", that is a clear, premeditated violation of another human being.

To use the "we are all sinners" nonsense is the lowest of low defences and is indicated of truly dire and despicable personal beliefs of justified dominance over other people.
I thought the police could press charges irrespective of the 'spouse' pressing them herself if there was enough evidence.

This written read out of the audio recording should be posted anytime some idiot says the charges were dropped.
I was thinking a leaflet drop over the swamp, there's no defence to that transcript, particularly on here and most definitely amongst the rag hordes.

I thought the police could press charges irrespective of the 'spouse' pressing them herself if there was enough evidence.
Often the evidence is the spouse's testimony (or other physical evidence provided by the spouse), so if they retract their testimony or cast doubt on the evidence they have otherwise provided, whilst also requesting the charges to be dropped, the police can be left with not much of a case to present.

Which, unfortunately, happens quite often in cases of domestic abuse and rape.

They can, but they would have not much evidence to present and no witnesses to back it up so no realistic chance of conviction, sadly

In this context, a mistake would be striking your partner in a fit of rage amidst of a heated argument (only once, ever), immediately realising what you have done, showing great remorse, accepting responsibility and the consequences for the violation of trust and duty of care, and doing everything you can to make amends for doing so.

A "mistake" is not repeatedly--with evidence--forcing another human being to have sex with you, no matter how many times they say they do not want to. That is not a "mistake", that is a clear, premeditated violation of another human being.

To use the "we are all sinners" nonsense is the lowest of low defences and is indicative of truly dire and despicable personal beliefs of justified dominance over other people.
Spot on, but then again we're talking about the scum who will twist every which way to seek redemption for the tw*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.