United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I think you should sit down and have a long hard think of what you are actually saying with you're last few posts regarding this topic.

It's a bit strange that you are comparing this to Gazza ect...It's a bit sick to be honest that you are comparing past players to this situation. Seems like you have major doubts that he should be banned from football.

I don't know you at all but IF you have a daughter and god forbid she was being treated in that way how would that make you feel?

Would you say "Ah it's OK sure didn't Johnny down the road stick a cigar in someone's eye in 1998...It's just times are changing so bang away mate".

FFS

the reports were Gazza absolutely battered his missus, I think the question was how did they get away with it & I tried to answer a few pages back if you see.

Rags have to sack him as far as I’m concerned but I do think it’s a genuine question, what does he do for the rest of his life? If no club, no company employs him what does society do with him.

I don’t have an answer & im stood in the crowd with a pitchfork.

Edited with Gazza story shows they’ve never had moral compass but things were easier to hide.

Last edited:
Just more bullshit to get round the fact that they are going to play the vile **** at the first opportunity.

Morally bankrupt club who will put themselves through hoops to justify their actions, which most decent and right minded people should condemn.
It was obvious when murmurs started appearing a few months ago. It was even more obvious when they didn’t release a statement saying he’d be gone.
They made their decision months ago, it’s just blowing smoke to make it seem like they’ve engaged with everyone and that it’s all hunky dory.

To actively support and brush under the carpet, the gaslighting, coercive and controlling twat and his fellow facilitators … is just so bad.

It’s all PR, in the same vein as Henderson’s bollox on LGBT+, and Rashford school meals, ‘look at me I’m so great’… until the hypocrites do the opposite. United management had a chance to be , for the 1st time, a moral led team, but instead they chose the money route, yet again (Munich families nod).
If the player was on the books of any PL team other than united or Liverpool the management would be being crucified by the usual dog whistle press, but they’re not… because the press is just tickle my belly poodles when it comes to digging up or disseminating bad PR for either of them.

Now I am not going to even try and defend the MG situation, but can I say a couple of things: was there not a player some years convicted of rape (Ched Evans I think) won his appeal and even after prison time returned to football.... did he get abusive chants aimed at him?

Also, but this one is right at the limit of my memory and I may not have it right: was there not a footballer who in a road accident killed someone and then ran away from the scene of the crime - did they ever return to the game (I need help with that one).

Finally there is Joey Barton: did he not stub out a cigar in the face of a City academy player and also do prison time for another issue and yet some years later was considered respectable enough to be a guest on BBCs Question Time?

George Best was also a t**t and 'Gazza' Gascoigne had a very physical relationship with his partner (wife?) and yet in some peoples eyes they are still regarded as heroes.

Like I said, not trying to defend MG and MUFC but I am curious to discuss how these other players were viewed in previous times compared with how MG is being portrayed now. Is it a generational thing (I don't think it is with Ched Evens as he is still a player now, I believe).

Please don't all come at me, I am just opening up the debate, especially across different time periods and how society has changed.
The difference here is the proof. The audio, the written and photos showing the damage.

Every time this guy plays or gets motm, or scores, wins... any success he has and this will be brought up, and everyone can see what sort of person he is. There's no other side of the story or defence against that.

For utd it effectively places a cap on how good he can become (and effectively how good they can become too)

I can't believe they're considering letting this guy play on, but it would be immensely stupid for them to go ahead with it. Surely they can see that.

It was obvious when murmurs started appearing a few months ago. It was even more obvious when they didn’t release a statement saying he’d be gone.
They made their decision months ago, it’s just blowing smoke to make it seem like they’ve engaged with everyone and that it’s all hunky dory.

To actively support and brush under the carpet, the gaslighting, coercive and controlling twat and his fellow facilitators … is just so bad.

It’s all PR, in the same vein as Henderson’s bollox on LGBT+, and Rashford school meals, ‘look at me I’m so great’… until the hypocrites do the opposite. United management had a chance to be , for the 1st time, a moral led team, but instead they chose the money route, yet again (Munich families nod).
If the player was on the books of any PL team other than united or Liverpool the management would be being crucified by the usual dog whistle press, but they’re not… because the press is just tickle my belly poodles when it comes to digging up or disseminating bad PR for either of them.
United PR team one of the best in the world

the reports were Gazza absolutely battered his missus, I think the question was how did they get away with it & I tried to answer a few pages back if you see.

Rags have to sack him as far as I’m concerned but I do think it’s a genuine question, what does he do for the rest of his life? If no club, no company employs him what does society do with him.

I don’t have an answer & im stood in the crowd with a pitchfork.

Edited with Gazza story shows they’ve never had moral compass but things were easier to hide.

Yeah tend to agree. As much as he’s obviously a horrible little prick and i wouldn’t want him near our club. Football is a ruthless business driven by money. He’s worth a lot of money and is undoubtedly talented. He’s not been in court so in theory hasn’t been found guilty of anything. In a democratic country how can we just say at 22 or whatever he is you can never earn a living again in your profession?

United PR team one of the best in the world

I think they’ve had a shocker. Even the athletic have hung them out to dry. Ashton could be for the high jump along with Arnold, there’s only those lovely Glazer boys staying.

The important thing that’s been missed is they’ve got a grass. The athletic had inside info on the strategy to integrate Greenwood, that’s high level snitching.

This is a ridiculous state of affairs.

As well as Greenwood, the father of the victim is an utter scumbag. Convincing her to stay with him and withdraw from the case. It's all about the money.

Also, Goldstein is a sh*thouse. He didn't want to debate it on his show because in the eyes of the law, he's innocent. I'd argue he's just not been tried. The evidence is out there for all to see, so what legal implications are there from debating the prospect of him coming back? Nike dropped him quite soon after the posts were shared.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.