United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance she is on 300k a year.

Pretty close.... I could only find a $ figure and I guessed the exchange. I was out by twenty-five grand:

$350,000 equivalent to £275,000.

Of course if she were a bloke she would be on that a week, not a year!

In a democratic country? Not sure what thats got to do with it. Its law courts and thats the law, he should be allowed to play.... And, Utd will have to support him!

Thank god though that the fans will call him out because otherwise our democracy would be allowing an abuser the right to earn millions of pounds for himself.
Was going with innocent until proven guilty in court outlook

Don't know if anyone remembers this, but eight years back Gary Neville interviewed Noel Gallagher. At one point, he asked Gallagher whether he sincerely thought that City would still be where they were, at that point, ten years or so up the road. Whether consciously or not, it was condescending (I think it was fairly conscious). Gallagher understood the wind-up — he's anything but stupid — but didn't rise to the bait. The meaning of it was, “Yeah, you're sitting pretty now, but do you really think your club is big enough to consolidate and last the course?” And the unspoken assumption behind that was the mantra in Neville's mind (and so many rags' minds) “We're Manchester United”, i.e. we are just part of nature's masters, we are cream, and cream will always rise back to the top.
Historically, of course, looking at the twentieth century and the first two decades of the twenty-first as a whole (and as we should), that is arrantly false, as Gary James has so conclusively demonstrated, but let that point pass…

I'd like to dig that clip out and make Neville sit in a special hell chamber designed specifically for him, in which he'd be tied to a chair and forced to watch it on a loop tape. Because what's amusing is that ten years up the road (approximately), we are a bigger club, by quite some distance, than then; not only have we consolidated, we have moved up a couple of levels. And it occurred to me last night that United have now firmly become what Arsenal resigned themselves to being in the last fifteen years of Wenger's tenure, i.e. a top-four club, with the hope of maybe one or other of England's two domestic cups, to sweeten it from time to time. Their trophy is qualifying for the Champions League. A failed season is a season that they fail to do that.
I don't think they've the slightest chance of being champions for the foreseeable future. Arsenal are back in the mix, and must be taken seriously. Liverpool are not just going to go away, although I suspect they'll end up out of top four again this season. Newcastle probably won't do as well as last season, although I wouldn't like to bet on it. Above all, there is this terrible Behemoth standing in the way of all of them, called Manchester City Football Club. In short, the competition is absolutely ferocious, as it certainly wasn't during the years when United were winning every thing in sight.
Very, very slowly, United fans (some of them) are waking up to that reality…

Pretty close.... I could only find a $ figure and I guessed the exchange. I was out by twenty-five grand:

$350,000 equivalent to £275,000.

Of course if she were a bloke she would be on that a week, not a year!
You might want to find better sources as there is no chance that figure is right unless it is including sponsorship deals, England payments etc.

You might want to find better sources as there is no chance that figure is right unless it is including sponsorship deals, England payments etc.

Well it might include her England payments but probably not sponsorship or endorsements as it estimates her net worth at $2 million and she is only 23.

What are the top-earning ladies at Man City on, does anyone know?

I don't understand the endgame here with this Greenwood saga.

It'll be a PR nightmare and they're a whore for sponsorship and I can see them losing some of their sponsorship if he comes back.

The bloke will rightly get absolutely pelted by home and away fans if/when he finally regains match fitness and starts, to the extent they'll probably have to pipe in fake crowd audio on broadcasts.

I know we take the piss out of how shite they've been run over the last few years but I would be fucking astounded if they are honestly that tone deaf and they brought him back.

I still think they'll shit out of it at the last minute and pretend they were never really going to bring him back.

This is a ridiculous state of affairs.

As well as Greenwood, the father of the victim is an utter scumbag. Convincing her to stay with him and withdraw from the case. It's all about the money.

Also, Goldstein is a sh*thouse. He didn't want to debate it on his show because in the eyes of the law, he's innocent. I'd argue he's just not been tried. The evidence is out there for all to see, so what legal implications are there from debating the prospect of him coming back? Nike dropped him quite soon after the posts were shared.
It was OK for LBC to debate it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.