United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my view there's a difference between found not guilty and credible witnesses pulling out.
We all saw the blood and we've seen/heard the rundown of what happened..
He beat her tried to forcefully abuse her and drew blood.
That's good enough for me.
It's like back the 80's New York, the FBI knew the dons were guilty of crimes but many got off because of witnesses pulling out.( No- I'm not saying she was threatened )
It doesn't matter that the girl dropped the charges after the event..We know he did it.
A prosecutor would have a field day with the evidence we've seen and heard.
Jimmy Savile agrees .

Don't know if anyone remembers this, but eight years back Gary Neville interviewed Noel Gallagher. At one point, he asked Gallagher whether he sincerely thought that City would still be where they were, at that point, ten years or so up the road. Whether consciously or not, it was condescending (I think it was fairly conscious). Gallagher understood the wind-up — he's anything but stupid — but didn't rise to the bait. The meaning of it was, “Yeah, you're sitting pretty now, but do you really think your club is big enough to consolidate and last the course?” And the unspoken assumption behind that was the mantra in Neville's mind (and so many rags' minds) “We're Manchester United”, i.e. we are just part of nature's masters, we are cream, and cream will always rise back to the top.
Historically, of course, looking at the twentieth century and the first two decades of the twenty-first as a whole (and as we should), that is arrantly false, as Gary James has so conclusively demonstrated, but let that point pass…

I'd like to dig that clip out and make Neville sit in a special hell chamber designed specifically for him, in which he'd be tied to a chair and forced to watch it on a loop tape. Because what's amusing is that ten years up the road (approximately), we are a bigger club, by quite some distance, than then; not only have we consolidated, we have moved up a couple of levels. And it occurred to me last night that United have now firmly become what Arsenal resigned themselves to being in the last fifteen years of Wenger's tenure, i.e. a top-four club, with the hope of maybe one or other of England's two domestic cups, to sweeten it from time to time. Their trophy is qualifying for the Champions League. A failed season is a season that they fail to do that.
I don't think they've the slightest chance of being champions for the foreseeable future. Arsenal are back in the mix, and must be taken seriously. Liverpool are not just going to go away, although I suspect they'll end up out of top four again this season. Newcastle probably won't do as well as last season, although I wouldn't like to bet on it. Above all, there is this terrible Behemoth standing in the way of all of them, called Manchester City Football Club. In short, the competition is absolutely ferocious, as it certainly wasn't during the years when United were winning every thing in sight.
Very, very slowly, United fans (some of them) are waking up to that reality…
Ive been trying to find the Buzzer on Sky video when Utd beat us with the Rooney shinner when he went into a rant at the other pundits as he defended the City performance, when he went on to say the City will murder Utd one day and basically be top dogs..
I believe the next season at the swamp was the sick swan.

If anyone could find it post it Id be very grateful.

Pretty close.... I could only find a $ figure and I guessed the exchange. I was out by twenty-five grand:

$350,000 equivalent to £275,000.

Of course if she were a bloke she would be on that a week, not a year!
Not at the level she performs at - Macclesfield FC level.

Ive been trying to find the Buzzer on Sky video when Utd beat us with the Rooney shinner when he went into a rant at the other pundits as he defended the City performance, when he went on to say the City will murder Utd one day and basically be top dogs..
I believe the next season at the swamp was the sick swan.

If anyone could find it post it Id be very grateful.

This idea that because he hasnt been found guilty of anything by a court of law somehow justifies him coming back is maddening, a court of law does not determing whether you are a horrible prick worthy of public contempt.

This case is particularly bad because there is countless instances of domestic abuse where the victim has called the police, escaped, gone back, been talked round, been too afraid to speak up and it is only when the inevitable death or serious life altering injury happens that these people are brought to justice, in this instance id put good money that all that will happen is that he will learn to hide it better.

The problem with Greenwood is he's been found out and got away with it, because of the pressure the young girl has had put on her by all parties she drop the case, BUT football and its fans never ever forget, Greenwood and United have nowhere to turn if they let him play again because the fans will not let it go,

Trouble in the Stands by other teams' fans giving it out, Then players will use it on the pitch to get at him and get him sent off, Then you have sponsors protecting their product

Greenwood should not be given any sort of help or a lifeline back into football because it stinks
You beat your girlfriend up many times and threatened to kill her, All on police file with proof by video and pictures and the CPS took you to court based on the evidence they had on you,

Your Girlfriend may have dropped the case but the public hasn't, You are guilty as fuck and only walking as a free man because of money and pressure but on the young girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.