United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before on this topic, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.
Many years ago a woman that I knew was beaten to a pulp by her husband, he was put on remand because it was so serious. He got her to withdraw the charges and no further action was taken. A year later he raped her, beat her to death and dumped her body in a skip, he's currently serving life.
After his trial the police and cps were given a major bollocking for not proceeding with a prosecution for the first offence, she was completely under his control and would have been too scared to go ahead with the prosecution. They said lessons had been learnt, roll on 10 years later and obviously nothing has.
I believe she's made the biggest mistake of her life and will regret it in years to come.

The only way lessons can be learned is by sacking the people involved and bringing them to justice, Letting him walk away free the first time and then saying lessons needed to be learnt is no support to her family, I can say 100% it happened many times before and still does,

The CPS are not accountable and the same laws of the land do not apply to everybody or not everybody is treated the same, Power and Money talks and loops holes are found to bury a case like Greenwood,

When united women play in front of 75000 at the toilet every home game maybe they will.
They’d need far more than just that. Even if the women’s teams did sell out every game at the men’s PL grounds and tickets were as expensive as the men’s, that would be nowhere near enough to be paying the women the same as the men.

Men’s ticketing alone, which how much the tickets cost, only brings in about £85-100m to clubs.

The women’s teams would need to also be bringing in the TV revenue and sponsorship deals that the men’s teams do, where you’re then talking of clubs earning the £400m up to £600m a year revenue they do, to be able to pay the fellas what the big clubs pay them.

Women’s teams only bring in about £2m a year revenue to clubs. That’s only about what the rise in season ticket prices, for the 40odd-thousand we have at City, has been this Summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it before on this topic, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.
Many years ago a woman that I knew was beaten to a pulp by her husband, he was put on remand because it was so serious. He got her to withdraw the charges and no further action was taken. A year later he raped her, beat her to death and dumped her body in a skip, he's currently serving life.
After his trial the police and cps were given a major bollocking for not proceeding with a prosecution for the first offence, she was completely under his control and would have been too scared to go ahead with the prosecution. They said lessons had been learnt, roll on 10 years later and obviously nothing has.
I believe she's made the biggest mistake of her life and will regret it in years to come.
Horrific stuff.
I really hope you are wrong in your prediction but unfortunately, I fear you're not.

If Greenwood comes back, I can see him getting a mixed reception off the rag fans.
Some will give him shit and some will cheer him on. Can see lot of fighting between themselves.
I genuinely dont get it..... I do in part understand the financial benefits but... he really isn't that good, he's okay but never a world beater

Shows how thick United are. It will actually be dangerous for him to play at away grounds. They’re risking putting him in harms way (good) and potential issues with supporters/teammates etc just cause he might score a few goals.

Perhaps hoping he gets attacked and seriously injured so that they can claim the insurance money.

Nothing these cunts do is without some perceived benefit or monetary gain.

I genuinely dont get it..... I do in part understand the financial benefits but... he really isn't that good, he's okay but never a world beater

Not sure how you can that when the whole team is part of the greatest club in the world...................allegedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.