United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way he will play for utd. They will have to terminate his contract.

But shouldn't that be easy? I mean I guess employment law would kick in, but hasn't he screwed up hence it should be easy to just terminate his contract with no compensation?

Riley has put more focus and pressure on them to make the right decision. I would be flabbergasted if he remained at the club now, which let's be honest just comes out of this whole sorry saga looking more and more small time. The amount of stick he would get at games would be unprecedented if he stays.
It's been handled very badly. The best option was to just tell him to leave and ask for a very small fee. Make him go abroad. Do it as quiet as possible.

If they really wanted to keep him then they have to get the pr machine working and be very clear on why. Make a big stand on innocent until...

What they have done is make a mess. They've made him hard to shift and hard to keep.

There's no way he will play for utd. They will have to terminate his contract.

But shouldn't that be easy? I mean I guess employment law would kick in, but hasn't he screwed up hence it should be easy to just terminate his contract with no compensation?
It's easily done. He might sue. Rags could settle or go to court. Worst case they have to pay up the full contract. Its not that big a number it the context of football money.

But far better to just tell him to go abroad and ask a small fee.

Can’t understand all this to avoid any outrage would it not be in the club’s interests and the players to move him on,surely one of the Saudi clubs would snap him up,where as possibly in Europe he could possibly be under the microscope still ..

Can’t understand all this to avoid any outrage would it not be in the club’s interests and the players to move him on,surely one of the Saudi clubs would snap him up,where as possibly in Europe he could possibly be under the microscope still ..
Of course. sexual assault against women isn't a crime in Saudi Arabia. Its the national sport

The way they keep putting the mood music out there saying the manager, players and sponsors are happy for him to come back, it’s only going one way where he will return. I don’t think Rachael Riley’s admirable stance will make an overall impression on the out come. It’s poorly judged by United where they’ve looked at the prospect of losing money and an asset over the morale principle.
I dissagree, she is a high profile female celebrity fan who has very publicly and rightly called them out. Her position and statement is headline news. You would be very hard pressed to find anyone outside of their club who dissagrees with her. The rag fans at our work want him gone , I bet the majority think the same. I don't go on red cafe but would be surprised if he has any support whatsoever.

You could the argue in that scenario the gf should be charged with perverting the course of justice, but again the cps would say that putting a heavily pregnant young woman in trial for trading her self worth for 18 years of child support is not in the public’s interests.

The question no one is asking is HOW she became pregnant. (timing wise)
I thought he was under a restraining order at the time. He wasn't supposed to contact or approach her.
I got word (at that time) he was visiting her regularly.
So as a minimum, did he break his bail conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.