United Thread | 2024/25

They shouldn't even be asking for public money to part fund their stadium plans. Honestly tired of thick United fans bringing the COMS into it(the council are now around £30m in profit for their part, the rest was Sport England/lottery funds) or even the London Stadium.

Those were athletics stadiums first, justified because England were hosting major tournaments and they were centrepieces of those events. Here there's just some owners who've bought a club via a leveraged buyout and taken money from the game for years while giving little back. Oh and a new shareholder who's been there 5 minutes who's English, so pushing his luck.

They already have the highest capacity home ground in the PL(and they got public funding for that in past according some on here). Arsenal got told no, with no cost of living crisis in the background and their new stadium was more justified. Did Spurs get any help? Everton? Why aren't the press pointing all of this out and criticising their club for even trying? Oh wait... "This is Manchester United"
Spot on! All I’ve heard and read from the media is them getting giddy at the Wembley of the north!

They shouldn't even be asking for public money to part fund their stadium plans. Honestly tired of thick United fans bringing the COMS into it(the council are now around £30m in profit for their part, the rest was Sport England/lottery funds) or even the London Stadium.

Those were athletics stadiums first, justified because England were hosting major tournaments and they were centrepieces of those events. Here there's just some owners who've bought a club via a leveraged buyout and taken money from the game for years while giving little back. Oh and a new shareholder who's been there 5 minutes who's English, so pushing his luck.

They already have the highest capacity home ground in the PL(and they got public funding for that in past according some on here). Arsenal got told no, with no cost of living crisis in the background and their new stadium was more justified. Did Spurs get any help? Everton? Why aren't the press pointing all of this out and criticising their club for even trying? Oh wait... "This is Manchester United"
Manchester City Council make a nice butty out of City. Will Stretford, Trafford, Salford, do the same with a new swamp, I very much doubt it.

She popped up on sky sports yesterday - she was talking that slowly and incoherently that she was either pissed or sadly has severe learning disabilities. Someone at Sky must be having a laugh.
Did Sadio Mane's chopper do her tonsils some permanent damage?
Might explain it.

I think even their most ardent fans would not be happy should this go through. I would not want City to have anything to do with it if the roles were reversed, I'd be too ashamed to think that a tax-dodging billionaire businessman is going to the government with his begging bowl, knowing that the country is having problems with the £22 billion pound deficit they appear to have been lumbered with courtesy of the Tories. There is going to be no fuel expenses help for the OAP's in this country, the NHS and the emergency services are at breaking point with the cutbacks and the cost of living soaring to heights hitherto only seen by Peter Crouch.

I was around during the miner's strike at the height of Thatcher's rule, I well remember the marches and the protests that accompanied her policies, the poll tax etc, and if the rags do get the taxman to pay for their shiny new ground this is what would probably happen again.

Of course, we don't know -and probably will never know - if other clubs' chairmen have voiced their disapproval of this, the latest in a long line of arrogant assumptions from the bastards, because our fair and open-minded media would never let on should there be murmurings of dissent from anyone regarding the 'Tabloid Two.'

Just a quick point about the possible new stadium.....
The last time they increased capacity at the swamp there were concerns about extra traffic.
It was agreed by the rags and the council that planning permission would be granted but the rags had to do a park and ride from Carrington.
They got permission, did the work and well I don't think one single bus ever turned up. Nobody ever asked them to explain why they were not honouring their part of the agreement.
The residents of Trafford should be very worried.

In fact the ONLY way that Manchester was able to successfully bid for and eventually get the Commonwealth games was if the council had a deal with us to take over the stadium after the games were complete.

If there was no prior deal in place, the stadium wouldn't have been built, and Manchester wouldn't have been awarded the games. Manchester couldn't afford to just build a white elephant stadium that was just left to crumble and fall apart after the event.

It's that simple.

In fact the ONLY way that Manchester was able to successfully bid for and eventually get the Commonwealth games was if the council had a deal with us to take over the stadium after the games were complete.

If there was no prior deal in place, the stadium wouldn't have been built, and Manchester wouldn't have been awarded the games. Manchester couldn't afford to just build a white elephant stadium that was just left to crumble and fall apart after the event.

It's that simple.
The original plan was a 100,000 (after conversion) stadium near Barton bridge. That was knocked on the head because the gov said no to a grant of an extra £125m. Thus we finished with half that size. A stadium at Barton would have been disastrous, I think. Anyone remember Barton bridge as a swing bridge and waiting for ships to pass?
P.S. The rags did manage to build a stadium that was left to crumble and fall apart.

Last edited:
I think even their most ardent fans would not be happy should this go through. I would not want City to have anything to do with it if the roles were reversed, I'd be too ashamed to think that a tax-dodging billionaire businessman is going to the government with his begging bowl, knowing that the country is having problems with the £22 billion pound deficit they appear to have been lumbered with courtesy of the Tories. There is going to be no fuel expenses help for the OAP's in this country, the NHS and the emergency services are at breaking point with the cutbacks and the cost of living soaring to heights hitherto only seen by Peter Crouch.

I was around during the miner's strike at the height of Thatcher's rule, I well remember the marches and the protests that accompanied her policies, the poll tax etc, and if the rags do get the taxman to pay for their shiny new ground this is what would probably happen again.

Of course, we don't know -and probably will never know - if other clubs' chairmen have voiced their disapproval of this, the latest in a long line of arrogant assumptions from the bastards, because our fair and open-minded media would never let on should there be murmurings of dissent from anyone regarding the 'Tabloid Two.'
This subject is very important,requires high level exposure AND an exclusive & dedicated thread.

It shouldn't be 'buried' in the general thread.

The slimey, manipulating rags /media will continuously
push this until it becomes established & accepted in the public consciousness.

Article after article appears as if the whole project is a done deal, but there has be NO comment describing tax payers push back or anti campaign.

City fans can be the vanguard.

I don't think the build will happen, but it will be great fun publicly facing off agin 25% scruffy Jim cat weasel the tax dodging petrochemical chancer.

Get MPs involved,questions in parliament, morning TV, Question Time....publicly embarrass the scheming bastards...and GIVE IT A THREAD OF ITS OWN !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.