United Thread | 2024/25

I'm informed by my Swindon Town-Times reading mate that some plans have been published(?) re the New Swamp. £2b and 100,000 seater? Also, some public money 'may' be involved. I've heard that Reeves is looking at the winter fuel payment witha view to discontinuing it. Well, if the new Labour Chancellor thinks that Scruffy Jim doesn't need to use any of his Monaco loot, and the Cayman Islands registered club is skint I shall be showering my MP with some stern words.

Also, that paragon of sportsmanship and finger on that national pulse ex-Rag/Blue, Andy Cole, thinks EVERYONE in the north wants this carbuncle on the face of a current shithole, he can think again. Don't include me, yer Rag cock!

I'm informed by my Swindon Town-Times reading mate that some plans have been published(?) re the New Swamp. £2b and 100,000 seater? Also, some public money 'may' be involved. I've heard that Reeves is looking at the winter fuel payment witha view to discontinuing it. Well, if the new Labour Chancellor thinks that Scruffy Jim doesn't need to use any of his Monaco loot, and the Cayman Islands registered club is skint I shall be showering my MP with some stern words.

Also, that paragon of sportsmanship and finger on that national pulse ex-Rag/Blue, Andy Cole, thinks EVERYONE in the north wants this carbuncle on the face of a current shithole, he can think again. Don't include me, yer Rag cock!

The crazy thing is they have a modern stadium central to Manchester that will soon hold just over 62,000. It would make more sense to improve the infrastructure to our stadium and develop that.

The crazy thing is they have a modern stadium central to Manchester that will soon hold just over 62,000. It would make more sense to improve the infrastructure to our stadium and develop that.
We are already the Wembley of the North which is why we have the next Euros at the Etihad.

We will probably have a 100.000k stadium afore them out of town imposters.

84569 says hello !!

One of these is Chido Obi-Martin who scored a hatful of goals for Arsenal U18s (29 in 17 games last season).

Thing is he's absolutely massive and plays against kids who haven't yet physically developed fully. It's like putting Haaland up against a school side.

Once he's playing men that physically advantage will disappear. We offered him £10k a week pro contract, Rags offered £30k a week, we were adamant he isn't worth that so off he goes.

He'll end up being another expensive white elephant.
Was reading up on him.
Still 16 and changed national team allegiances from Denmark to England and back again.
The spin is that he's leaving you not for the money but the pathway to 1st team despite Arteta already involving him in first team training.
Sounds to me like he's being badly advised by whichever greedy fuckers are pulling his strings.

I don’t think that’s right.

I’m pretty sure that Manchester was awarded the Games, and the council would have used a temporary stadium, if City had not agreed to take it over, afterwards.
True, but a much smaller stadium that was still projected to cost over £60m, according to those in the know on here. I'm not sure if that includes the deconstruction and clean up or not(probably does).

The council would have paid nothing there but would have seen no profit either. It would have been a stadium with no lasting legacy and a less impressive centrepiece for the event(I doubt that was Sport England's preferred option). No continued benefits for the city and the region as a whole. Not even rags can argue against City choosing to accept the deal, ended up being the best case scenario.

Ok, maybe a 100k seater stadium, which would have required United to move back to Manchester, would have been more impressive but they weren't remotely interested in doing that.

That's a point too, why would 'The Wembley of the North' be in Trafford? Shouldn't it be in a major city, not a mere poxy borough? ;)

I think it might still get built but they will be funding it themselves, possibly finding investors and loans to help. Which may or may not mean scaling back the plans a little.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.