United Thread | 2024/25

I actually feel sorry for mainoo
Let’s not pretend he’s not a very good player.
That club will destroy his confidence
Far too much pressure on his young shoulders, the rags are already on his case
Despite the fact he had 4 Liverpool players around him when he lost the ball.
If he’s any sense he will fuck that club off
Before it’s too late.
No lets not pretend that he is a very good player, the press has over praised and over promoted this kid to be cross between prime yaya and zidane and apart from a couple of flashes of decent play he looks more like a cross between and an ageing casemiro and mason mount, hes consistently way out of position, misplaces passes all the time, jogs back after losing the ball and weak in the challenge, he looks a decent player because the rest of that midfield is atrocious but he has a long way to go to be called a good player.

No lets not pretend that he is a very good player, the press has over praised and over promoted this kid to be cross between prime yaya and zidane and apart from a couple of flashes of decent play he looks more like a cross between and an ageing casemiro and mason mount, hes consistently way out of position, misplaces passes all the time, jogs back after losing the ball and weak in the challenge, he looks a decent player because the rest of that midfield is atrocious but he has a long way to go to be called a good player.
100% overhyped.

Decent enough young prospect, but absolutely fucking nowhere near the levels being spouted in the media. He'll be another one of their 'World-class Wonderkids' plying his trade in the Italian second division in a few seasons, if he's lucky.

100% overhyped.

Decent enough young prospect, but absoolutely fucking nowhere near the levels being spouted in the media. He'll be another one of their 'World-class Wonderkids' plying his trade in the Italian second division in a few seasons, if he's lucky.
Yes decent enough prospect but he would be nowhere near the England squad if he didn't wear a rag shirt.
Not fit to lace Ricos boots.

W
many years ago @BertTrautmann'sParachute pointed out to me that the actor john thaw was the biggest turncoat in our history.

the story of his pathetic betrayal can be found here

but berrada is pushing thaw for turncoatedness

I’d heard John Thaw was abandoned but I didn’t realise it was when he went to the dark side ;)

He's clearly a talented youngster, but the problem is that they're so shit that, yet again, they're acting like a talented youngster is a world class player. He'll have some great games, and games where he goes missing or looks vulnerable, as all young players do. He will probably have a period where he has to adapt to teams taking him more seriously. But the main problem he'll have is that the rags simply don't develop players. They come out of the youth system and then 5 years later, they're pretty much as good as they were when they first broke through.

Look at the improvement that Rico Lewis has had in the past couple of years. He was clearly talented, but he looked weak in the tackle and too easy to press. This season, his one-on-one defending has been much better and he's looked far more press resistant, while adding lots of quality going forward too. Meanwhile, they've got a conveyor belt of players brought in/through as youngsters who are no better now than when they first came into the rags first team.

You can not pretend if you want to, but from everything I've seen of him he's nothing but a very average midfielder in whom I struggle to see any real potential let alone current standout ability.

Selfish when he has possession of the ball and often makes poor decisions.. and lazy and lacking basic positional awareness when he doesn't have the ball.

If he played for any other club I guarantee you would have barely been aware of him as a footballer.

Fortunately for us united are now stuck with having to play him regardless of his lack of ability due to the hype that they and their client media have built up around him.

Don't believe the hype.

Last edited:
Before it’s too late.
Watched him playing alongside Bellingham at the Euros, not much to choose between the pair of them.

They were both well below the standard required.

Before it’s too late.
He would not have played for England if didn't play there

He gets all the hype but nowhere near as good as our Rico

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.