United Thread | 2024/25

In the wake of the Leicester outcome I’ve had 8 rags already text me with “let them off so they can let yous off” and “PL have run out of money for lawyers so are just gonna let yous off now” being the highlights so far.

Tell them it's to compensate for the Covid exemption City didn't get.

They will appreciate that.

He's clearly a talented youngster, but the problem is that they're so shit that, yet again, they're acting like a talented youngster is a world class player. He'll have some great games, and games where he goes missing or looks vulnerable, as all young players do. He will probably have a period where he has to adapt to teams taking him more seriously. But the main problem he'll have is that the rags simply don't develop players. They come out of the youth system and then 5 years later, they're pretty much as good as they were when they first broke through.

Look at the improvement that Rico Lewis has had in the past couple of years. He was clearly talented, but he looked weak in the tackle and too easy to press. This season, his one-on-one defending has been much better and he's looked far more press resistant, while adding lots of quality going forward too. Meanwhile, they've got a conveyor belt of players brought in/through as youngsters who are no better now than when they first came into the rags first team.
Thats how I see it. Hes a very good prospect. But he's 19 and doesnt know nearly enough to be playing starting midfield for a prem team or England. As you put it, he has fuck all chance of developing over in thet shithole. He needs to learn his trade instead of being thrown in and playing 40+ games a seaosn at 19.

He has good traits and a lot of bad ones that come with youth and inexperience. I think he could be a very good player under the right guidance, but he'll not get it there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.