United Thread | 2024/25

Yeah but my point is, it got built with council money for the commonwealth games, and it got converted to a football stadium using council money.
And what exactly would the rags new stadium be being built for and iirc city paid for the conversion?

Yeah but my point is, it got built with council money for the commonwealth games, and it got converted to a football stadium using council money.
The majority of the cost was paid for by Sport England and then a little over £30million was paid for by Manchester Council which I'm sure a good chunk was paid back during the commonwealth games due to it being a successful event, bringing in hundreds of thousands of visitors to the city. But if I remember rightly the £25 million it took to convert to a football stadium was all paid for by city.
It's amazing that if you tell a lie for long enough and to enough people it becomes truth. Again from what I remember the original plan was to build a temporary stadium and after the event it would be taken apart and shipped over seas as they didn't want a white elephant like the millennium stadium. But after talking with the scum and I believe Franny we took up the option to move in so it became a permanent stadium.

Manchester City paid a considerable amount of money to Manchester city council to take over CoMS, as it was, and we still pay a considerable amount in rent to the same body.

The majority of the cost was paid for by Sport England and then a little over £30million was paid for by Manchester Council which I'm sure a good chunk was paid back during the commonwealth games due to it being a successful event, bringing in hundreds of thousands of visitors to the city. But if I remember rightly the £25 million it took to convert to a football stadium was all paid for by city.
It's amazing that if you tell a lie for long enough and to enough people it becomes truth. Again from what I remember the original plan was to build a temporary stadium and after the event it would be taken apart and shipped over seas as they didn't want a white elephant like the millennium stadium. But after talking with the scum and I believe Franny we took up the option to move in so it became a permanent stadium.
Yes. Spot on.

If City hadn’t agreed to use the stadium, after the games, MCC would have built a temporary arena for them.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.