United vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnsonontheleft said:
I never look forward to derbies. For me they are like watching a car crash. You don't want to but you feel compelled to. I get palpitations pre-kick-off and I don't relax until we're at least 3-0 up with 5 minutes left.

For the doom-mongers though - we played these twats just a few months ago. The only reason it didn't end up a cricket score was because Oliver denied us 3 STONEWALL penalties.

Our biggest danger is a red card. Even then we tend to dominate, but it's harder.

About sums up my feelings in the lead up to a derby

fear the worst.

van gaal has got fellani playing the way he used to for everton...basic but effective and he will cause us problems if he plays that way against us...he used to for everton and he will pull onto both fullbacks and look to get knock downs

play two in midfield and they will dominate us in the middle of the park and run all over yay a and his partner as do most teams

play 5 i n midfield and let yay a have the free role then we know the problems he can and will cause to utd.

play to our strengths and we can win but i fear that MP will again set up in a way that expose our weaknesses and doesn't play to our strengths

for the last few seasons I've always felt confident playing them but not now.........

hopefully we can get at a result but i fear the worst.

lose and MP should be gone after the last game of the season (possibly sooner)

Even when we were shot we still turned them over a fair few times , we are nowhere near shit now.
I don't fear Fellini however he is playing , Mangala loves a physical battle.
This is our game of the season now. Lose and we really are fucked.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompamy
Mangala
Clichy
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya
Silva
nasri
aguero

3-1 City

Re: Rags vs. City Pre Match Thread

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
How people can say, they're not looking forward to it, beggars belief. I always look forward
to watching City. I can honestly say, i can't fucking wait for it. Glorious sunny day in Trafford (hopefully),
sun on our backs, and a football display to match. I'm not doing a score prediction, but i think we'll
win by a few ;-)

People aren't dreading a lovely sunny day and a football match. It's the result and the rag crowing afterwards.

GaudinoMotors said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
How people can say, they're not looking forward to it, beggars belief. I always look forward
to watching City. I can honestly say, i can't fucking wait for it. Glorious sunny day in Trafford (hopefully),
sun on our backs, and a football display to match. I'm not doing a score prediction, but i think we'll
win by a few ;-)

People aren't dreading a lovely sunny day and a football match. It's the result and the rag crowing afterwards.

nowt beats the Bury fans taking the piss out of us when they beat us, so getting beat by the scum and then crowing I can take with a pinch of salt..

Feeling very optimistic about this one. They won't be able to dominate possession against us, but will be itching to have a go at us based on their recent derby record, leaving themselves exposed at the back. Like Vinny said, right time to play them.

simon23 said:
fear the worst.

van gaal has got fellani playing the way he used to for everton...basic but effective and he will cause us problems if he plays that way against us...he used to for everton and he will pull onto both fullbacks and look to get knock downs

play two in midfield and they will dominate us in the middle of the park and run all over yay a and his partner as do most teams

play 5 i n midfield and let yay a have the free role then we know the problems he can and will cause to utd.

play to our strengths and we can win but i fear that MP will again set up in a way that expose our weaknesses and doesn't play to our strengths

for the last few seasons I've always felt confident playing them but not now.........

hopefully we can get at a result but i fear the worst.

lose and MP should be gone after the last game of the season (possibly sooner)

my thought also mate

sadly

I think the key to winning the derby is to play those who have been to Old Trafford and won before. That rags side is full of players who have tasted defeat and the likes of Shaw, Di Maria, Herrera, Blind, Rojo who haven't played in the derby at Old Trafford.

It will be a high pressure game for them and the momentum in terms of derby wins is with us. That counts for a lot. When we started to improve and challenge the rags they still had that little bit of know how and grit to get the result. Things have changed now. We have players who have tasted success in the derby time and time again. Get the formation right and we'll beat them. I'd play Fernando to ensure more presence in midfield, Mangala to deal with Fellaini and so it would be Hart, Zabba, Komp, Mang, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Silva, Yaya, Milner, Aguero.

I think we need Milner for the runs in behind the rags and to stretch them. Plenty on the bench with Nasri, Navas, Lampard, Bony, Dzeko etc to get the win there. What we don't want to do is allow them space to run into, that's the way they will win. We've got such great technique in the middle with Yaya and Silva, allow them to play in the rag half and we will win. To do that without Yaya getting overrun you have to have Dinho and Nando doing the leg work behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.