United vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cibaman said:
Eds said:
supercity88 said:
I think the key to winning the derby is to play those who have been to Old Trafford and won before. That rags side is full of players who have tasted defeat and the likes of Shaw, Di Maria, Herrera, Blind, Rojo who haven't played in the derby at Old Trafford.

It will be a high pressure game for them and the momentum in terms of derby wins is with us. That counts for a lot. When we started to improve and challenge the rags they still had that little bit of know how and grit to get the result. Things have changed now. We have players who have tasted success in the derby time and time again. Get the formation right and we'll beat them. I'd play Fernando to ensure more presence in midfield, Mangala to deal with Fellaini and so it would be Hart, Zabba, Komp, Mang, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Silva, Yaya, Milner, Aguero.

I think we need Milner for the runs in behind the rags and to stretch them. Plenty on the bench with Nasri, Navas, Lampard, Bony, Dzeko etc to get the win there. What we don't want to do is allow them space to run into, that's the way they will win. We've got such great technique in the middle with Yaya and Silva, allow them to play in the rag half and we will win. To do that without Yaya getting overrun you have to have Dinho and Nando doing the leg work behind him.

This all day. Please Pellers play a three man midfield with Silva and Milner supporting Sergio upfront. Bring on Navas and Nasri when we are two up and they are knackered and score a couple more...

Has Pellegrini picked the three of them together since their awful display at QPR?

No, this has been suggested for months now on here and makes sense but let's be honest MP choosing a 4-3-3 with Yaya, Nando, Dinho is very unlikely.

I'd be very surprised if we don't turn up in spades and play very well on Sun. For both Chelsea games and the home game vs Scum we were in similarly poor form, but came to the party for the big game. I am confident of that much. No guarantee of getting a result, but there's no way we get wiped out as some others on this forum are predicting.

So long as the CHAMPIONS put in a positive fighting performance then that will make me happy in seeing the back of this season! In fact a repeat of THE SICK SWAN will do nicely :) Hate the RAGS with a passion. CTID

I don't know why so many people are so pessimistic - it's natural for City fans I guess!

But we played pretty well on Monday. We completely bossed the game, and had umpteen chances. Had Palace not been 11 men behind the ball for 80 minutes, we would surely have won.

Don't get me wrong, we were not brilliant by any means and I am not meaning to gloss over yet another shocking result. But at least we did see some energy, commitment, chasing players down, decent passing and possession. Kompany looked somewhere near his best, Nasri looked really up for it when he came on. It might not be a popular view, but even Yaya was really trying. It was a LOT better than the previous couple of games.

If we play anything like as well on Sunday (and I expect we will actually be even better), we will beat the rags comfortably. We'll have a lot more space for Silva to find killer passes and much more chance for Aguero to play on the defenders shoulder and to get in behind. The way they will play suits us far better than the way Palace played.

Have faith fellow blues, we will be enjoying our victory come Sunday evening.

So important to start on the front foot on Sunday ,A GOAL early on will do wonders especially if comes via Aguero I know it doesn't go with all comments on here but I have to say I really fancy us I just have that feeling in my water, ( could be an infection though) it has been so lovely getting results at the swamp in recent years, and its nearly taken away all those feelings of watching there end erupt from the back of a heaving Scoreboard End and then the humiliation of the dreaded drenching from an evil rags coffee flask above us To end I hope there we are all smiling in the blue half on Sunday, because if we were to succumb to them (god forbid) I fear it might well be that by the time I am having my Sunday chippy tea a certain Spanish Duo will be handing our charming man his cards

Had a nosey what them lot have been saying about us (ragcafe, facebook etc) they now have it in their heads that their a superia team to us. They genuinely think they have the devine right to beat us and they are better than us in every aspect.

For fuck sake City! Why do you do it to us? We really need to stop arsing about and put that shite back in it's place, nothing worse than uneducated, over excited united fans. Embarrassing!

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Had a nosey what them lot have been saying about us (ragcafe, facebook etc) they now have it in their heads that their a superia team to us. They genuinely think they have the devine right to beat us and they are better than us in every aspect.

For fuck sake City! Why do you do it to us? We really need to stop arsing about and put that shite back in it's place, nothing worse than uneducated, over excited united fans. Embarrassing!

Even there players are coming out about sticking it to us.... especially bog brush head. They still play long ball to him and at the minute it is working and they are picking up points, however I think we will go there and show them that we are still superior, lose against us and Chelsea next week and they will back battling for 4th place if Liverpool get their act together.

3-1 win for us

1235701_Manchester_City.jpg

BlueMoonz1977 said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:

Even there players are coming out about sticking it to us.... especially bog brush head. They still play long ball to him and at the minute it is working and they are picking up points, however I think we will go there and show them that we are still superior, lose against us and Chelsea next week and they will back battling for 4th place if Liverpool get their act together.

3-1 win for us

Nothing worse than a rag who hasn't a scooby about football in the slightest trying to debate a derby result. Honestly, one of them even compared them to Barca, they actually said they play in the same style as Barca and will dominate us. It's either a blue on the wind up or it's a pissed up Andy Tate. Fair enough they beat Liverpool, Spurs are known bottlers this time a year and come on, no disrespect, it's Aston Villa! I watched their game on Saturday and it bored the life out of me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.