United vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they do beat us they'll win nothing this season so basically both teams are playing for pride. And that's what worries me, we have a number of players who seem to be lacking pride at the moment. Not just in representing the club but in their own performances.

My hope for Sunday is that form goes out of the window (they say it does in Derby games). If we play to our best it should be no contest. So hopefully we have a good day and bring them down a peg or two while we're at it.

Then with any luck we can go on and win our remaining games, finish second and call it a bad season. Have a clearout in the summer, purchase some genuine world class talent, some good homegrown youngsters and represent ourselves in a manner befitting of a club that want's to become known all over the world as one of the best.

Vincents Tackle said:
Even if they do beat us they'll win nothing this season so basically both teams are playing for pride.

Playing to avoid 4th! Highly important, lose that CL qualifier if you finish 4th and you lose tens of millions in revenue. Though none of this matters to the players with their fat paychecks, but the idea of finishing 4th and losing a tough qualifier (because there are some really tough potential opponents and knowing our luck in UEFA draws...!) is disastrous for our plans.

supercity88 said:
I think the key to winning the derby is to play those who have been to Old Trafford and won before. That rags side is full of players who have tasted defeat and the likes of Shaw, Di Maria, Herrera, Blind, Rojo who haven't played in the derby at Old Trafford.

It will be a high pressure game for them and the momentum in terms of derby wins is with us. That counts for a lot. When we started to improve and challenge the rags they still had that little bit of know how and grit to get the result. Things have changed now. We have players who have tasted success in the derby time and time again. Get the formation right and we'll beat them. I'd play Fernando to ensure more presence in midfield, Mangala to deal with Fellaini and so it would be Hart, Zabba, Komp, Mang, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Silva, Yaya, Milner, Aguero.

I think we need Milner for the runs in behind the rags and to stretch them. Plenty on the bench with Nasri, Navas, Lampard, Bony, Dzeko etc to get the win there. What we don't want to do is allow them space to run into, that's the way they will win. We've got such great technique in the middle with Yaya and Silva, allow them to play in the rag half and we will win. To do that without Yaya getting overrun you have to have Dinho and Nando doing the leg work behind him.

This all day. Please Pellers play a three man midfield with Silva and Milner supporting Sergio upfront. Bring on Navas and Nasri when we are two up and they are knackered and score a couple more...

Suspect MP will start with the same players he used against Palace although bringing in Zabba and Bony (if fit) in replace of Dzeko and Sagna. MP appears too stubborn to change the 442 which will most likely be his downfall if we lose at the weekend.

I'll be amazed if MP changes the formation to a 5 man midfield for this game especially when all our strongest players are fit.

LoveCity said:
Vincents Tackle said:
Even if they do beat us they'll win nothing this season so basically both teams are playing for pride.

Playing to avoid 4th! Highly important, lose that CL qualifier if you finish 4th and you lose tens of millions in revenue. Though none of this matters to the players with their fat paychecks, but the idea of finishing 4th and losing a tough qualifier (because there are some really tough potential opponents and knowing our luck in UEFA draws...!) is disastrous for our plans.

Of course, I think you hit the nail on the head when you question if the players care enough about finishing 3rd or above? At the very least it should hurt their pride thinking they finish any lower than second in what was supposed to be a two horse race this season.

Win on Sunday and we have every chance of finishing second with the momentum a derby win would bring. Finishing 4th and taking our chance on getting a good draw in the Champions League shouldn't be an option.

BlueSniffer said:
Suspect MP will start with the same players he used against Palace although bringing in Zabba and Bony (if fit) in replace of Dzeko and Sagna. MP appears too stubborn to change the 442 which will most likely be his downfall if we lose at the weekend.

I'll be amazed if MP changes the formation to a 5 man midfield for this game especially when all our strongest players are fit.
Regrettably, I agree with every word you say.

Maybe pellegrini will actually play his best team and play nasri, Milner, Bony and Lampard all for more than 5 mins
James Milner on for 5 mins v palace? What for?) Please do not play Dzeko (woeful form and attitude) or navas ( zero end product) or mangala ( gives me the heebegebees, total liability, total waste of money). Why is pelle persisting with these players?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Can't wait. Will still be the game that I fear until the day I die.

I want those nerves right through. It's my DNA.

Go out there and take them apart in front of every fucking sycophant and armchair watcher in the world.

Don't just win. Annihilate them. Stamp on their throats, shit all over the place and put them back under their stone for another season.

Filth.

Don't get me started Again. Look at my feelings earlier

Eds said:
supercity88 said:
I think the key to winning the derby is to play those who have been to Old Trafford and won before. That rags side is full of players who have tasted defeat and the likes of Shaw, Di Maria, Herrera, Blind, Rojo who haven't played in the derby at Old Trafford.

It will be a high pressure game for them and the momentum in terms of derby wins is with us. That counts for a lot. When we started to improve and challenge the rags they still had that little bit of know how and grit to get the result. Things have changed now. We have players who have tasted success in the derby time and time again. Get the formation right and we'll beat them. I'd play Fernando to ensure more presence in midfield, Mangala to deal with Fellaini and so it would be Hart, Zabba, Komp, Mang, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Silva, Yaya, Milner, Aguero.

I think we need Milner for the runs in behind the rags and to stretch them. Plenty on the bench with Nasri, Navas, Lampard, Bony, Dzeko etc to get the win there. What we don't want to do is allow them space to run into, that's the way they will win. We've got such great technique in the middle with Yaya and Silva, allow them to play in the rag half and we will win. To do that without Yaya getting overrun you have to have Dinho and Nando doing the leg work behind him.

This all day. Please Pellers play a three man midfield with Silva and Milner supporting Sergio upfront. Bring on Navas and Nasri when we are two up and they are knackered and score a couple more...

Has Pellegrini picked the three of them together since their awful display at QPR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.