Upson

smiles said:
ConnorMCFC said:
why would it? dont get me wrong ned is a very good player and great potential, he had a great end to the season and fingers crossed he will turn out to be a cracker.

but alot of people are getting carried away, lescott and upson are both better players than ned at the moment, plus the added bonus of them being left footed to add that balance in the centre of the defence. i know ned is home grown and everything, but IMO upson would improve the team more than with ned in it, as would lescott

This
That

Could be too old and what sort of message is this sending out to Nedum and Micah

dont no why but upson doesn't seem to excite many people at all! i think there are better defenders out there but non that are able or want to come to us right now! IMO he is better than dunne, and ned(for now) capello who picks him on a regular basis and has probably played better than lescott for england, he's 30 that means injury free we'd get 3 maybe 4 good years out of him, west ham financially are worse off than everton so i'd imagine 10-12mil would get him, also last season liverpool and arsenal were tracking him, he would be a very good and solid signing for us! lets be honest him and lescott are probably on a par this is apparent when england play and capello has used both as back up actually not being aware of the facts i think upson under capello has been used more! lescott aged 26 nearly 27= £22mil +, upson aged 30= £10-12mil!

Rather have Upson over Lescott. Lescott hasnt got the spine for the move. Upson would move here and Zola doesnt seem the type to act like a self righteous cock compared to Gollem, who lets face it would be off in a flash at the sniff of the Chelsea or Rags job.

spamalot said:
Could be too old and what sort of message is this sending out to Nedum and Micah

Ned knows we're building a squad and he'll be our main man in the back four eventually, Micah needs to be loaned to someone like Birmingham or Wolves for a season IMO anyway to rediscover his form and come back revitalised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.