Upton Park memories

I've just remembered another brilliant Upton Park memory: Alvero negredo's dummy 2 seasons ago. Someone played a ball to him and he did a kind of Laurel and Hardy dummy, where he pretended to go for the ball and then let it run on for Sergio.It fooled the entire West Ham defence and Sergio popped it in beautifully, but it was the comedy of the dummy which made it a thing of beauty. He dummies with his entire being, he pretty much did a comedy whistle and scratched his head as he let the ball run under his feet.

I've just remembered another brilliant Upton Park memory: Alvero negredo's dummy 2 seasons ago. Someone played a ball to him and he did a kind of Laurel and Hardy dummy, where he pretended to go for the ball and then let it run on for Sergio.It fooled the entire West Ham defence and Sergio popped it in beautifully, but it was the comedy of the dummy which made it a thing of beauty. He dummies with his entire being, he pretty much did a comedy whistle and scratched his head as he let the ball run under his feet.

Was thinking about this earlier today, one of my fav City moments,it was sublime,fooled the whole westham defence who didnt catch on and sergio was striding thru on goal.
i remember him scratching his head in a nonchalant fashion, altho i didnt see that bit until watching the goal later on MOTD.

My fav upton park memory tho was years ago,we had just come out of their supporters club bar after a pre match drink..making our way to the away entrance at five mins to three when i heard a burger stall owner shout " Half -price burgers, get your half price burgers!!"
i was off like a shot,doing my best pissed up linford christie impression,a 40 yard dash to the burger stall and brought two.
cant remember the year or the score but food does taste better when a. youre pissed and b. its half price.

First visit - start of the 77/78 season, Joe Royle got a late winner and the coach had half its windows put through.

Other happy memories, Tony Cunningham sliding home the winner in a League Cup replay around 84-ish. More recently a superb Yaya strike under Mancini and those goals by Sergio and Silva in Pellegrini's title-winning season.

And who could forget alan ball bringing on Guiseppe Mazzarelli as an impact sub...
Might be the same coach I was on. Didn't a copper get on and just told the driver to keep going ? When I got home ,went to a party and recall twating a member of Sad Cafe. Nothing to do with his music by the way.

I loved the place. Not going this time, but I always felt a bit of a thrill being stupid the ground so many great players had played at. This was where Bobby Moore and Geoff hurst played every week, and later on players like Brooking and even the lesser lights like Lampard (snr).

I suppose the same could be said about lots of grounds, but the home of the academy always seemed a special place. Good luck to West Ham in their new home but I will be sad to see them leave the old place.

Might be the same coach I was on. Didn't a copper get on and just told the driver to keep going ? When I got home ,went to a party and recall twating a member of Sad Cafe. Nothing to do with his music by the way.
Yes, that's the one, the copper was more interested in self-preservation, he should have let big Helen at them.

You could have twatted him for his music as well. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.