Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win the league after all this disruption, I’ll be amazed. Something will have to give, the LC is a cert.
Most likely play the LC round the day before WCC semi final like Liverpool last year. Pep usually plays a decent team in the LC with our small squad and injured players he should just play kids from the off as the likelihood of us getting to the final are slim

Good point! But imagine the cauldron and the atmosphere of the two big Argentinian or Brazil clubs! I for one would be shitting myself visiting the Estadio Monumental or Estadio Alberto J. Armando as an away fan!

I doubt FIFA would risk it.

id still go! give it my loudest "were not really here"

If we win the league after all this disruption, I’ll be amazed. Something will have to give, the LC is a cert.
You missed last season then? I know lots of clubs were disrupted by the World Cup but we had more players there than other teams so faced more burn-out.
The World Club Cup will be more of an issue when it is expanded to 32 clubs next season. I know it's June and July but the players will be absolutely knackered by the time the 25-26 season starts.

Should be, there is a small possibility of Palace too but, i think personally it will go ahead and possible be played Friday night to give us the extra day.
Should be, there is a small possibility of Palace too but, i think personally it will go ahead and possible be played Friday night to give us the extra day.
Cheers Blue !

I have been looking at this trip and do fancy it. First time in Club World Cup new country and stadiums to tick off.

Do not have a problem with the alcohol it is what it is. The main problem I foresee is the transport within Jeddah itself. Keep looking at hotels (not cheap) but it seems the only way to get around is by car. If there was an easy option to get from Jeddah to King Abdullah Stadium then that would remove the most difficult part out the trip.

Those that have been will have better knowledge of this. But am I right in thinking unless you plan to rent a car don't bother.
They are pushing this event to promote their aim to host the 2030 World Cup. My assumption )only that), is they will put on buses from central locations. They don’t want people leaving the place with a load of complaints.
Also - Saudi hosts The Haj. They can handle huge crowds. A football match is nothing in comparison, really.

Champions league the mid week before palace at home so most likely that will stay Saturday
Don't think they'll ask us to play Saturday in Manchester and Tuesday in Jeddah.

If FIFA, UEFA, and the PL work together a little we could play Tues in CL (ideally at home), Friday in PL, and Tuesday in CWC. I can't see the Palace game taking place that weekend otherwise.

Don't think they'll ask us to play Saturday in Manchester and Tuesday in Jeddah.

If FIFA, UEFA, and the PL work together a little we could play Tues in CL (ideally at home), Friday in PL, and Tuesday in CWC. I can't see the Palace game taking place that weekend otherwise.
Is the semi final definitely on Tuesday I thought Wednesday was one of the days.

How many stadiums are they using for the CWC do you know and which one is it

They are pushing this event to promote their aim to host the 2030 World Cup. My assumption )only that), is they will put on buses from central locations. They don’t want people leaving the place with a load of complaints.
Also - Saudi hosts The Haj. They can handle huge crowds. A football match is nothing in comparison, really.
They can get hundreds of fatalities at the Haj, they don't handle crowds that well on that evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.