US Politics Thread

Not at all. I'm referring to the current president. Other incoherent people don't bother me.
Do you realize that Biden stuttered as a child and that he's largely been able to overcome this handicap through practice and force of will?

Do you also realize that Biden is prone to awful, spur-of-the-moment gaffs?

Are you aware of Biden's biography? There's good and bad moments, as well as heartache.
====
I agree with your comment about Biden's fluency of speech - if that's what you mean by "incoherent". Biden mumbles at times and tends to speak quickly when trying to make particularly salient points.

That said, Biden is - to me - fully fit for office, both mentally and physically.
====
Why I very much like Biden as President:

* He genuinely cares for people.
* He listens to others and makes decisions based on the advice and council he receives.
* He's willing to compromise.
* He's a believer in science and expert opinion - his policies reflect expert opinion on all social issues ranging from climate change to gun control to woman's rights to immigration.
* He's an internationalist. He rightly views America's role on the global stage as critically important - where America leads, many other nations will follow.
* He cares about Democracy and believes in the right to vote.
====
On the other hand - you seem to dislike Biden because he mumbles and is at times hard to understand. The implication being that if you were a US citizen, you'd either not vote in a Biden versus Trump 2024 Presidential race or would vote for Trump.
====
So where do you stand?

Do you support Trump or Biden or do you believe that "both sides are the same"?

Last edited:
What do you dislike about Biden.

I'm a centrist - and took Biden over Trump in 2020, as an anti-Trump vote.

Now...

I really like what Biden has done. He's a centrist statesman, who prefers to rule and pass measures on a bipartisan basis. He's been fantastic!

In 2024 - my vote is for Biden - not as an anti-MAGA vote - but because Biden is my preferred President.
If Biden is the Dem nominee, he gets my vote, no problem. However, Americans like their Presidents to look strong, which is why, even though they’re both waaay old, Trump doesn’t get tagged that way!

If the ticket is Biden-Harris again, it WILL scare people away, because I don’t know ANYONE looking forward to a President Kamala Harris, do you?!

It’s time for an injection of youth…and by that I mean 50-65!!!

I’m not against most of the work done by Biden, but I am concerned whether he is up for the workload going forward, as he looks frailer and physically weaker as time goes on.

I’d take Gavin Newsom right now!

Lastly, as a “centrist,” there was ONLY one viable candidate in the Biden - Trump race in 2020! It wasn’t an “anti-Trump” vote, Biden was the only possible centrist candidate!

If Biden is the Dem nominee, he gets my vote, no problem. However, Americans like their Presidents to look strong, which is why, even though they’re both waaay old, Trump doesn’t get tagged that way!

If the ticket is Biden-Harris again, it WILL scare people away, because I don’t know ANYONE looking forward to a President Kamala Harris, do you?!

It’s time for an injection of youth…and by that I mean 50-65!!!

I’m not against most of the work done by Biden, but I am concerned whether he is up for the workload going forward, as he looks frailer and physically weaker as time goes on.

I’d take Gavin Newsom right now!

Lastly, as a “centrist,” there was ONLY one viable candidate in the Biden - Trump race in 2020! It wasn’t an “anti-Trump” vote, Biden was the only possible centrist candidate!
I don’t think anyone will be “scared away” by a Biden-Harris ticket. FFS some in the GOP want a performative impeachment of Biden. Who’s the President gonna be if you’re successful, geniuses? I’m very much looking forward to a Harris presidency if it means no MAGA-oriented candidate personally. I’d suggest almost no one votes against the VP.

Newsom has his own issues. He can be mercurial and hypocritical (look up “French Laundry-gate”). He’s the bright shiny object now. Don’t underestimate how many outside California hate California and Californians — in both parties.

Democrats aren’t going to try to fix what ain’t broke. Moreover, they aren’t going to spend money on what ain’t broke. Every dime will go to driving turnout — especially suburban women.

Last edited:
Biden is aging in dog years and we are over a year away from the election. Much can happen in that time.

Believe me, if he is the nominee, which is the presumption, I’ll vote for him. That said, if Kamala is the VP, I will be holding my breath for Biden’s second term!

Maybe she bows out as gracefully as possible and Newsom takes the VP slot? That’d make me very happy and much more comfortable.

The us secretary of state on radio 4 defending Israel this morning, my post in the Palestine thread was removed so I'd like to say in this one that it's about time Palestine gave it back, the terrorists here are Israel, a murdering machine of a state, regularly killing children. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
Bass ackwards, as we say! There’s only one primary aggressor here, regardless of who is funding and supporting it, and they’re going to get theirs.

I think Israel is going to respond in the only manner they can to this TERRORIST ATTACK AND KIDNAPPINGS…Fuck around, Find out.

There will be much leveling of concrete structures, much wailing of ladies in the streets, and innocents will get hurt and die…and tomorrow will still be a Tuesday.

This is a seemingly intractable problem and the use of perceived weakness, or turmoil, is going to backfire on Hamas, and possibly even Iran.

The hardest thing from here will be stopping Israel overtly going after Iran, as that might lead to an escalation that awakens sleeping giants. Sadly, though, there are too many people who wanted this war and now they’ve got it, agendas will take over and a return to normalcy will be delayed because of it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.