US Politics Thread

MAGA scream about a two-tiered justice system but if this was a regular old citizen they'd be locked up for this. Although I think Trump is going to be toast ultimately and is going to jail I'll bet you he gets away with it.
It's been a crazy 6 months. Gone from nothing happening to 4 major court cases ongoing. The civil fraud case is a done deal. And the 3 criminal cases look really strong.

With the latest flipper, Trump is toast. His defence was likely to be that he just followed legal advice his attorneys gave him. Those two lawyers will now testify that it was the other way round and they were obeying his stated wishes. His defence is dead. He is bang to rights on the fake electors from Georgia.
Poor old Donald.
He should flip against himself!!

Yep. The Putin-playbook Mob mentality, which is now gop standard operating procedure, means that ‘political suicide’ has been replaced with actual suicide.
Hard to believe that US has got itself into this mess, with a mobster ex president likely to stand as president again or go to jail or both.

It's been a crazy 6 months. Gone from nothing happening to 4 major court cases ongoing. The civil fraud case is a done deal. And the 3 criminal cases look really strong.
It’s been a crazy 6 hours! Since I woke up, Chesebro flips, Jordan defeated again, and judge threatens Trump with jail.

It’s all collapsing. All at once. And the worse it looks, the more the rats will jump off the ship.

MAGA is wounded. Badly. Not mortally — yet.

Hard to believe that US has got itself into this mess, with a mobster ex president likely to stand as president again or go to jail or both.
I actually think it will be neither of those things. Part of his plea to stay out of jail will be to disqualify himself from public office. Just like the SEC bars law violators from being in the securities industry or serving on BoDs that report financials to the SEC.

It will be interesting to see if a constitutional amendment some day (a while from now) follows to bar felons from the Presidency — and maybe other Federal offices.

Hard to say. Some are actually fearing for their lives or their families.
And that’s the price you pay for having placated a cult and a cult leader instead of standing up for what you know is right.

I have not one bit of sympathy for those officials being threatened, though I do for their families. They brought it upon themselves by staying silent instead of speaking out, or doing what Liz Cheney did. Sorry not sorry.

I actually think it will be neither of those things. Part of his plea to stay out of jail will be to disqualify himself from public office. Just like the SEC bars law violators from being in the securities industry or serving on BoDs that report financials to the SEC.

It will be interesting to see if a constitutional amendment some day (a while from now) follows to bar felons from the Presidency — and maybe other offices.
Is there a statute that gives him the get out or are you forecasting a political fix? Maybe a plea deal? There is no bar to serving as president in jail.
Maga rules ok.

Reactions: Vic
And that’s the price you pay for having placated a cult and a cult leader instead of standing up for what you know is right.

I have not one bit of sympathy for those officials being threatened, though I do for their families. They brought it upon themselves by staying silent instead of speaking out, or doing what Liz Cheney did. Sorry not sorry.
That’s not right. Prosecutors whose families are being targeted have been calling Trump out for a year or more. Judges too. Members of congress are the appeasers, not officials.

Reactions: Vic
With the latest flipper, Trump is toast. His defence was likely to be that he just followed legal advice his attorneys gave him. Those two lawyers will now testify that it was the other way round and they were obeying his stated wishes. His defence is dead. He is bang to rights on the fake electors from Georgia.
Poor old Donald.
He should flip against himself!!
Agree its really strong. Cheesbro is a big deal as he is credible, Powell is a nut job so she'd not make a great witness. Same reason they probably won't want to deal with Rudy.

The big question is who flips next. These no Prison Time deals must look pretty sweet. The names they really want will be:

Mark Meadows
John Eastmen
Jenna Ellis
Jeff Clark

They will take as many as they can but the more they get the less they need and less they need to offer. Mark Meadows is the one that can really sink Trump, not just here but in other trials as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.