US Politics Thread

That’s not right. Prosecutors whose families are being targeted have been calling Trump out for a year or more. Judges too. Members of congress are the appeasers, not officials.
Oh sorry — I meant the Republican congresspeople people specifically, especially those who didn’t certify the election, not prosecutors or judges. Of course.

Last edited:
Is there a statute that gives him the get out or are you forecasting a political fix? Maybe a plea deal? There is no bar to serving as president in jail.
Maga rules ok.
I am forecasting a plea deal that keeps him out of jail but as part of it he agrees not to run for nor serve in a public office. Would include long probation, perhaps home monitoring, restricted travel, a humongous fine, etc. plus he publicly allocutes to his crimes.

And then at some point down the road, some time from now, there’s enough state legislature support for a CA that adds some strictures as to who can serve as President beyond having to be 35+ and born in the USA. That would include no convicted felons/pleading guilty to a felony. Who would vote against that once Trump is out of the picture?

Last edited:
I am forecasting a plea deal that keeps him out of jail but as part of it he agrees not to run for nor serve in a public office. Would include long probation, perhaps home monitoring, restricted travel, a humongous fine, etc. plus he publicly allocutes to his crimes.

And then at some point down the road, some time from now, there’s enough state legislature support for a CA that adds some strictures as to who can serve as President beyond having to be 35+ and born in the USA. That would include no convicted felons/pleading guilty to a felony. Who would vote against that once Trump is out of the picture?
Cant disagree with that except that if he wants a plea deal, he needs to get on with it. He probably can’t deal after a guilty verdict, the judge would not be happy.
Im not sure it’s within his nature to accept fault.
PS EDIT I wonder if he would rather be a martyr, painting himself as a victim of a corrupt system rather than plead guilty.
If he pleads, Maga is dead.

Last edited:
Cant disagree with that except that if he wants a plea deal, he needs to get on with it. He probably can’t deal after a guilty verdict, the judge would not be happy.
Im not sure it’s within his nature to accept fault.
I can't see a plea deal. He's involved in 3 criminal cases that all relate to the end of his presidency in one way or another. 3 different states. 2 federal.

The Child Rapists, Sexual Predators and Financial Scammers of the Republican party?

Lets be realistic.. these are not nice normal people in that party anymore. They are scum of the earth.

If anything.. using "deplorables" was too nice a term for them!

The Child Rapists, Sexual Predators and Financial Scammers of the Republican party?

Lets be realistic.. these are not nice normal people in that party anymore. They are scum of the earth.

If anything.. using "deplorables" was too nice a term for them!

The idea of normal/moderate Republicans sounds ridiculous to me. They would all vote to take away SS and Medicare if they had the chance and that isn’t normal to any degree.

I can't see Trump ever doing that. Be funny to see though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.