US Politics Thread

It is bonkers how bad some Democrats are. Its like they see what Republicans get away with and think they want some of that action.

As you say, takes years to that level of politics then just throw it away.

Unfortunately, I think there are some Dems who believe if they act and talk like Republicans they can dance on this imaginary middle line where they get voters from both sides to vote for them. But no matter how pro police and pro cage kids on the border they are, people will still rather vote Republican if those are their chief concerns and it only isolates you from the Dem party voters.

Sinema’s recent poll results shows she has a larger affinity with Republican leaning voters yet the majority still prefer the real thing in Kari Lake.

From what I can see it wasn’t even ideologically driven for her. In Romney’s book she is quoted saying she “saved the Senate”. But what did she save it from? The GOP have shown they will torch the filibuster when it suits them so what was she protecting? She does go on to say she can work on any board room she wants so I guess we can only accept everyone has a price and vote accordingly.

But in my opinion trading Senate prestige for a seat at some billionaires table sounds incredibly stupid.

I’ll never understood the political calculus Sinema deployed. She could have been a Senate hero with a legacy her kids kids kids would talk about but instead sells out to work on some board for some billionaire so they don’t have to pay taxes.

I can’t imagine working so hard for a political career to sell out. I hope it whatever they are paying her is worth it.

To be honest, I'd wage a lot of people are now getting in to politics to just make money. Fuck legacy and altruism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.