US Politics Thread

Why would one presume that?

To your point, though, as a child of Sikh immigrants, with a father who taught at an historically all-black college, you'd figure she'd be a bit more in tune with her ethnicity and that of others, and/or her gender.

But grifting conservative opportunists courting the votes of dumbfuck white hicks tend to want to cover that shit up . . .

The reason the GOP re-write history is that cults simply believe lies told by their leaders. Fact-checking has no impact on them. Fact-checking is "just politics".

On another note, I am still trying to get over the depression of an extremely smart friend of mine who when faced with Trump and Biden will vote for Trump "because of his policies" despite the fact that this guy is so prim and proper that he is the golf rules guru at his country club and in all other respects as moral a man as I know.

You're right, sad as it is to admit, expecting statesmen/women to actually read the most important historical legal documents of their office is clearly asking too much these days. As demonstrated by the fact certain recent Foreign Secretaries have clearly not read the Good Friday Agreement.

And what do things like facts and historical documentation actually count for these days? You might as well burn down the Smithsonian for all the value that the American right places on it.

How will Trump capitalise on Haley's little faux Pas?

I suspect he'll tweet after an Adderall hit that Slavery benefitted the country.

As far as him and his cult are concerned, they'll see her back-tracking as a demonstration of weakness. Never cede ground to the liberals, no matter how obviously and ridiculously wrong you are. If the liberals say the sky is blue, you better be out there claiming it's red.

I find it kind of amazing how easy it has been for Republicans to re-write a history that you can simply look up. It took me one minute of Googling to find the actual words in the secession document, upon which their reason for seceding is abundantly clear.
It's not just republicans, I've got a friend from new York, votes dem, parents are both unionised in their careers and he was adamant it wasn't slavery thanks to his schooling

As far as him and his cult are concerned, they'll see her back-tracking as a demonstration of weakness. Never cede ground to the liberals, no matter how obviously and ridiculously wrong you are. If the liberals say the sky is blue, you better be out there claiming it's red.
True but at this point she needs a miracle to make up enough ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.