US Politics Thread

Biden has a lot of good things to say, he's got a great record and he knows Trump won't want to do it. So I think he would. Make Trump look scared.
Just so.

I think though, that it's a new age. Social media and instant news informs voters.

I think that Presidential debates are dead from now on... unless it's a very close race and both candidates feel that a debate is to their advantage.

But if he appeals and it is not heard before the election?

Irrespective of Trump's legal issues, the democratic process benefits from open and transparent communication between and from candidates. The debates provide an opportunity for voters to hear directly from the candidates, and avoiding them could be interpreted as a disservice to the democratic ideals of transparency and engagement. Biden would also have the presidential responsibility of engaging in the debates and addressing public concerns, and failure to participate could weaken trust in him. Painful as the spectacle might be, I hope they happen and that historic precedent is followed.
Ideals? Transparency? Engagement?

It will be starkest choice we have EVER seen in American History!

Literally ANYONE who isn’t sure how they’ll vote in a Trump - Biden race should be stripped of their right to vote!

Do we want to return to a white, racist, autocratic demagogue who is a known crook and “convicted” (albeit, civilly) rapist who has been forced to pay millions of dollars to his latest victim? Even his WIFE wrote, in print, for the whole world to see, that he was a rapist.

He is a wannabe Mafia Don who leads a cult of personality. He’s a vain germphobe who paints his face to look healthier than he is, and whose mental failings are increasingly on show for the whole world to see and hear.

His knowledge of the world is “power wins!” and so he thinks that with the power of the U.S. military, he’s a winner! Yet, dozens and dozens of government workers and leaders of this country and others KNOW he is an empty suit that has parlayed one trick…using the U.S. Tax Code for real estate development to fuck everybody he ever met, just like his slumlord father did…into the illusion that he is a world class business mind! He isn’t! His businesses were on the ropes when a friend suggested he be the face of The Apprentice, and he turned his meanness and the phrase “You’re fired!” into a Presidential campaign.

He is the WORST America has to offer the world…the quintessential “Ugly American,” who has turned his children into even more stupid versions of himself, like his father did before him!

His daughter married the son of another JAILED real estate fraud, who then became a Middle East Envoy who couldn’t get a Security Clearance, but did manage to get a $2B loan from the govt of Qatar to save him from defaulting on the family’s largest building. The daughter? She was invited to a State Dinner, sat with Xi Jinping, and walked away with millions of dollars of Chinese copyrights and licensing deals. Not to mention, most of the people who visited the White House were “encouraged” to pay homage by staying in his new Washington hotel, bought for a pittance from the U.S. Post Office. Those books are allegedly as dirty as can be, too, with money washed through those books!

Or, Joe Biden, who dared lend his drug addicted son the money to buy a truck but expected to be paid back. Who left messages telling his son how much they loved him. Whose second wife is a well known and respected college professor. And who only has a second wife because he lost the first in a car crash…and a military service son to brain cancer. Who was known as the man who could reach across the aisle and get things done…and was chosen as VP because of it…and DID IT, helping pass the first healthcare reform in generations that saves millions of Americans from bankruptcy every year.

Biden is many things to many people, but beyond his decades of service to this country as a well-respected politician who helped get things done, who then took those traits to the White House and continued to get things done, the BIGGEST thing he has going for him is…

He is not Donald Trump.
THAT will get my vote in November. Sadly, though, as a resident of Illinois, that will be relatively meaningless, because it’s not about the number of votes you earn across the United States, it’s about whether you win the votes of the few key “swing states” that will decide who becomes President.

Biden could beat Trump by literally millions of votes across the USA, but he could lose a few states by 1 vote each, and that could be the whole ball game!

So, yes, it’s the starkest, most consequential election in my lifetime and a Trump victory, with him not needing to do a damned thing to court public opinion, because he can’t run again, would be like unleashing the hounds.

If you thought Trump 1.0 was a clusterfuck, wait until you see what Project 2025 has in store for Trump 2.0! That alone should inform one’s vote.

Not to be too alarmist, but if Trump wins, for America and its standing in the world,

IMG_0450.jpeg

I guess you still don't get it.

You state that America deserves Trump.

America does not.

But even if that were so, the World does not deserve Trump.

And you blithely post some sort of haha, fuck you USA post, America deserves Trump.
I didn’t say America deserved Trump, that was someone else. I merely posted a clip of two actors saying Fuck you asshole.

I very much hope Trump doesn’t get in or if he does, he doesn’t make it to January due to his age.

Literally ANYONE who isn’t sure how they’ll vote in a Trump - Biden race should be stripped of their right to vote!

Do we want to return to a white, racist, autocratic demagogue who is a known crook and “convicted” (albeit, civilly) rapist who has been forced to pay millions of dollars to his latest victim? Even his WIFE wrote, in print, for the whole world to see, that he was a rapist.

He is a wannabe Mafia Don who leads a cult of personality. He’s a vain germphobe who paints his face to look healthier than he is, and whose mental failings are increasingly on show for the whole world to see and hear.

His knowledge of the world is “power wins!” and so he thinks that with the power of the U.S. military, he’s a winner! Yet, dozens and dozens of government workers and leaders of this country and others KNOW he is an empty suit that has parlayed one trick…using the U.S. Tax Code for real estate development to fuck everybody he ever met, just like his slumlord father did…into the illusion that he is a world class business mind! He isn’t! His businesses were on the ropes when a friend suggested he be the face of The Apprentice, and he turned his meanness and the phrase “You’re fired!” into a Presidential campaign.

He is the WORST America has to offer the world…the quintessential “Ugly American,” who has turned his children into even more stupid versions of himself, like his father did before him!

His daughter married the son of another JAILED real estate fraud, who then became a Middle East Envoy who couldn’t get a Security Clearance, but did manage to get a $2B loan from the govt of Qatar to save him from defaulting on the family’s largest building. The daughter? She was invited to a State Dinner, sat with Xi Jinping, and walked away with millions of dollars of Chinese copyrights and licensing deals. Not to mention, most of the people who visited the White House were “encouraged” to pay homage by staying in his new Washington hotel, bought for a pittance from the U.S. Post Office. Those books are allegedly as dirty as can be, too, with money washed through those books!

Or, Joe Biden, who dared lend his drug addicted son the money to buy a truck but expected to be paid back. Who left messages telling his son how much they loved him. Whose second wife is a well known and respected college professor. And who only has a second wife because he lost the first in a car crash…and a military service son to brain cancer. Who was known as the man who could reach across the aisle and get things done…and was chosen as VP because of it…and DID IT, helping pass the first healthcare reform in generations that saves millions of Americans from bankruptcy every year.

Biden is many things to many people, but beyond his decades of service to this country as a well-respected politician who helped get things done, who then took those traits to the White House and continued to get things done, the BIGGEST thing he has going for him is…

He is not Donald Trump.
THAT will get my vote in November. Sadly, though, as a resident of Illinois, that will be relatively meaningless, because it’s not about the number of votes you earn across the United States, it’s about whether you win the votes of the few key “swing states” that will decide who becomes President.

Biden could beat Trump by literally millions of votes across the USA, but he could lose a few states by 1 vote each, and that could be the whole ball game!

So, yes, it’s the starkest, most consequential election in my lifetime and a Trump victory, with him not needing to do a damned thing to court public opinion, because he can’t run again, would be like unleashing the hounds.

If you thought Trump 1.0 was a clusterfuck, wait until you see what Project 2025 has in store for Trump 2.0! That alone should inform one’s vote.

Not to be too alarmist, but if Trump wins, for America and its standing in the world,

View attachment 104843
I'd say 1860 was a tad starker but in our lifetimes, yes.

If Trump wins, it's going to be interesting to see what he can actually achieve beyond all the bluster. To all intents and purposes, as you say, he'll be sitting as a one-term President, so does that render him a lame duck from the start, or does knowing that the clock is ticking prompt him to do something radical? And how radical can he be? Global power in this century is shifting to the east and to other players, but one senses that Trump's actions may ultimately be seen as having accelerated that shift.

If Trump wins, it's going to be interesting to see what he can actually achieve beyond all the bluster. To all intents and purposes, as you say, he'll be sitting as a one-term President, so does that render him a lame duck from the start, or does knowing that the clock is ticking prompt him to do something radical? And how radical can he be? Global power in this century is shifting to the east and to other players, but one senses that Trump's actions may ultimately be seen as having accelerated that shift.
If Trump wins the Presidency, it's game over for Democracy in America, probably for decades.

Plans have already been developed, in America, detailing how the next President can scrap all government agencies and replace them with, well, nothing, resulting in largely regulation free governance.

On the world stage, Trump will withdraw, except in very rare instances that align with his base.

You might see China's influence on world mattes as inevitable... I don't. But if Trump is President, I'd cede this point.

Last edited:

The notion of norms will be considered both quaint and antiquated once the radical right wing agenda starts to unfold.

They’ve given you the playbook. With a Republican Senate, House and SCOTUS, America will wonder what hit it by 2028, and even the notion of a presidential election cycle might be a wistful musing by then!

David Sedaris puts it best.

“Can I interest you in the chicken?” she asks. “Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it?”

To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.