US Politics Thread

I wasn’t complaining about him having the show, or how good he is at what he does, but as we get closer to the election, 20 mins of comedic pisstake on the election isn’t going to cut it.

It would be far better to have the truth bombs exploding every day, or at least MWF.

To me, it feels like the Democrats are losing the propaganda war right now, as the right fills the airwaves with crumbs, while the loaves of Republican bullshit go unaddressed!
Agreed.

Stewart is very good at what he does though.

I wasn’t complaining about him having the show, or how good he is at what he does, but as we get closer to the election, 20 mins of comedic pisstake on the election isn’t going to cut it.

It would be far better to have the truth bombs exploding every day, or at least MWF.

To me, it feels like the Democrats are losing the propaganda war right now, as the right fills the airwaves with crumbs, while the loaves of Republican bullshit go unaddressed!
Ari Melber made the point more seriously on his show earlier.

He showed examples of news organisations,including his own, having bullet points such as "Is Biden too old?" and how this influence may hinder Biden.

Ari Melber made the point more seriously on his show earlier.

He showed examples of news organisations,including his own, having bullet points such as "Is Biden too old?" and how this influence may hinder Biden.
No matter how bad Trump is, he's box office, and the race between him and Biden is the hot news ticket. It makes money.

The problem is, if these news organisations keep fuelling the fire to suite their own ends and the Orange Rapey Conman gets back in the White House come January next year as a result, they'll have a lot more than reporting the 'news' to worry about.

This is what happens when you fail to vet your candidates thoroughly

A few very interesting results last night.

This seat Santos won with +7. It’s now been lost to the Dems at +8. 15 point swing.

Pennsylvania special ‘supposedly purple’ state seat (one that determined the majority in their state House) - absolutely smashed by Prokopiak winning by +35.

A district in deep red Oklahoma that went +25 in the last election… the GOP held onto it by +5.

When I say the math doesn’t math for the national polling we’re seeing. These are the kinds of things that strengthen that argument. All of the polls for these three races underestimated the Dem result by between 5-20 points. Since Roe v Wade was overturned the Dems have overperformed polling on literally almost every occasion.

I honestly think the GOP are in for a very hard reality check in November.

This seat Santos won with +7. It’s now been lost to the Dems at +8. 15 point swing.

Pennsylvania special ‘supposedly purple’ state seat (one that determined the majority in their state House) - absolutely smashed by Prokopiak winning by +35.

A district in deep red Oklahoma that went +25 in the last election… the GOP held onto it by +5.

When I say the math doesn’t math for the national polling we’re seeing. These are the kinds of things that strengthen that argument. All of the polls for these three races underestimated the Dem result by between 5-20 points. Since Roe v Wade was overturned the Dems have overperformed polling on literally almost every occasion.

I f**king hope so. I'm moving out there in June. If Trump gets in, it's going to be carnage

*maths

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.