US Politics Thread

That’s an incredibly bold shout at this point in time.

Trump is going to get his 70+ million votes and so Biden will have to at least match the 2020 turnout which right now would be a miracle.
“Bold shout”?

His statement is based on the fact that Trump is consistently underachieving what the polls say he’ll do.

Yours is based on nothing.

US Green Berets reportedly permanently based in Taiwan for 1st time American military advisors permanently stationed in Army amphibious bases in Kinmen and Penghu
By Keoni Everington, Taiwan News, Staff Writer

It wont be. The alternative to Joe Biden is voting for that prick. People wont do it
The alternative is simply not voting, which a lot of people right now are suggesting they’ll do, and is the only way Trump can win
“Bold shout”?

His statement is based on the fact that Trump is consistently underachieving what the polls say he’ll do.

Yours is based on nothing.
i mean as said many times, I hope your belief that it’s fine to put your head in the sand and say it’ll never happen is correct, equally though it’s based on your belief that polls are nonsense rather than anything factual.

Some speculation that the SCOTUS will release their 14th Amendment decision today. They have given an unusually short window of notice that they are going to release “a decision” but they don’t tell anybody which decision. Plus it is the day before Super Tuesday so the timing would make sense.

The verdict is almost certainly going to be that Trump stays on the ballot (I would say 95%+ with a decent chance that the decision is unanimous). The more interesting bit is what guidance they’d offer on how somebody committing insurrection can be removed from the ballot and what the mechanism for that looks like.

I think the gap will be larger than 2020. Can’t see how Trump would gain more votes than four years ago in demographics alone, whatever the result of his court cases.
I know you know but he could win the election with far fewer votes than last time.

The alternative is simply not voting, which a lot of people right now are suggesting they’ll do, and is the only way Trump can win

i mean as said many times, I hope your belief that it’s fine to put your head in the sand and say it’ll never happen is correct, equally though it’s based on your belief that polls are nonsense rather than anything factual.
The hyperbole and motive-assumption you use to "support" your arguments is getting really aggravating.

Where is the data that says "a lot of people" won't vote?

I'm not putting my head in the sand, I'm not saying it will never happen -- I am asking for the DATA that supports YOUR argument.

I don't believe the polls are "nonsense" -- but I have data that shows Trump's been underperforming what the polls say in the primaries. It's been posted many times by others here.

Where's yours?

SCOTUS have predictably moved unanimously in deciding that individual states don’t have the right to keep somebody off the ballot under 14(3). This overturns the Colorado decision.

They went further though, stating that only an act of Congress can make a determination as to whether a person is ineligible under section 3. This part of the issued opinion is not unanimous but landed at 5-4 (Barrett was the dissenting GOP voice), with the other judges mostly contending that it is an error for the court to rule on a question it has not been asked and that Congress may not be the only mechanism for enforcing 14(3).

This second part of the ruling is really problematic because it rules out the possibility that some other process such as federal conviction alone would be sufficient to stop somebody holding office under 14(3). Congress are now the only ones who can make that determination.

Therefore the US finds itself in a situation where somebody can be federally charged and convicted of insurrection and still be eligible for the ballot providing that Congress supports them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.