US Politics Thread

Fuck me. Disaster for Biden. Trump just lies incessantly but Biden can barely speak and doesn’t pull him up on anything. He looks a hundred.
There’s a saying that if you’re defending or explaining, you’re losing!

Trump just bulldozes the questions with lies about anything he wants to talk about and the Moderatirs don’t follow it up with, “We know that’s not true, so could you answer the question, please?” but that’s not the format, as Biden is supposed to call Trump on it all.

My wife, who isn’t watching but is in the room with me, just said “Trump lies in a strong voice and Biden is trying to spread truth in an old weak voice. Too bad Americans have no clue about policy and just listen to the strong voice.”

That about covers it!

First take in CNN:

“Oh fuck! What are we going to do about Joe? Trump was lying through his teeth the whole time, but at least he wasn’t a doddering, old policy wonk who could barely get the policies out!”

Calling Kamala more likely.
While she’s not bad interpersonally, no-one is looking forward to a President Harris!

VPs are only ever a non-negative, as opposed to a positive. She’s a negative, with lower ratings than Joe.

Sadly, I think “sleeping on it” is only going to embolden Dems in the orbit of the President, whereas we appear to be in an “Emperor’s new clothes” situation, where they are the ONLY ones who can’t see he is naked!

Newsom & Whitmer will play the good surrogates, but we are so far past that point now. Newsom was brilliant in the post-debate spin and has an encyclopedic knowledge of policy and issues. He would absolutely wipe the floor with Trump because he ALREADY knows every talking point and can blunt every criticism.

At this point, it can only be EGO that makes Biden continue and if Jill was half the compassionate wife she tries to appear to be, she would stop being a crutch and start being a club, beating some sense into Joe.

If they have half the love for this country they say they have, Biden would suddenly have a medical condition that makes it impossible for him to continue and he would pledge his delegates to Newsom at the Convention and Harris would bow out gracefully, too, as two CA (same state) politicians can’t work!

When you lose the debate 2:1 and you just convinced ANOTHER 5% of debate watchers that you’re not the guy, you’ve lost! Biden was already behind in the swing states and Trump is going to beat him up on Immigration and Inflation until he can’t take it anymore. Biden is too much of an old wonk to nip that shit in the bud with a short, sharp response and the longer he talks the more you fear what’s going to come out of his mouth.

Nobody expects reality or answers from Trump, so he lies, self-aggrandizes and just keeps repeating himself, because HE DOESN'T HAVE TO CONVINCE ANYONE HE IS COGENT, even though he often slurs and disappears mid-sentence, too!

ALL the work to deflect from Biden’s age and show he was vital tonight was done and dusted in about 5 minutes. FIVE FUCKING MINUTES OUT OF A 90 MINUTE DEBATE, and from there no-one was watching Trump, they were watching the car crash taking place to his left!

In my opinion, Biden walked off the stage mortally wounded and would do well to seek the care he needs to rest comfortably.

For some, it was so bad they worry about the next 5 months BEFORE the election, with Republican operatives floating the “It’s sad to see and we feel sorry for him, but he’s sick.” The old “pity” political trick is, sadly, quite effective in this instance.

FUCK!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.