US Politics Thread

And it sort of is about Trump, given his exclusion from Twitter is the primary source of this debate.
Yes I find his insistence that it’s nothing to do with Trump kind of odd. It’s only about Trump. I also find it odd that Russ isn’t even aware of the tweets that finally saw Trump banned permanently.

1: “Dave’s been given a life prison sentence”

2: “That’s fucking appalling, a complete joke the judge gave him that”

1: “You heard what he was found guilty of though?”

2: “Nah I’m not interested in that, but it’s still a joke of a decision”

Which quite simply, is what companies do.

Loving the gratuitous use of the word 'titty' btw, bob.

Can never have too many titties and that is a hill I’m prepared to die on.

And, yes, these companies will always be looking at the political landscape and adapting to, and influencing it, to their best advantage. It would be remiss of them not to do so.

To be fair, Bob, the last two paragraphs are in your opinion. I doubt that you would swayed from said opinion but, nonetheless it is in your opinion. Much the same with @Rascal who has heartfelt views. Not everyone agrees.
Vis a vis the convenient timing, my take is that it's a case of enough is enough.
All about opinions though.

Yes, it is an opinion and as I said a cynical one at that, but both things can be true, it can be a case of enough is enough and a line has to be drawn (you will get no argument from me on that), but also allow you to prudently reposition your business to fall on the side of the angels before a new administration with control of the House and the Senate takes over.

Did Trump think the military and police would back up his coup attempt or something?
Otherwise I don't see the point of what his mob did on Wednesday.

The Social media platforms have been banning political expression for a while though.
Excuse me? So they have banned speech that does not violate their code of conduct, but for its political content? Can you point out some specific examples of this? I’d especially like to see an email post from a Facebook or a Twitter that says, “Yo, we took down your post. You didn’t violate our code of conduct at all — we just don’t agree with it.”

Worried about it happening is one thing. Saying it’s been happening for a while is quite another.

Last edited:
A large amount of the police did , letting them in at the barriers and taking selfies
The inquest will be interesting to see if they were complicit, were ordered or were still awaiting instructions. Facing that mob would have been extremely intimidating, to handle it properly needed leadership and "backing down" could have been a tactic, so I'd be wary of jumping to conclusions from the video alone. One thing we do know is that it was a cock-up at leadership levels.

The inquest will be interesting to see if they were complicit, were ordered or were still awaiting instructions. Facing that mob would have been extremely intimidating, to handle it properly needed leadership and "backing down" could have been a tactic, so I'd be wary of jumping to conclusions from the video alone. One thing we do know is that it was a cock-up at leadership levels.
taking selfies is very damning and opening the gates when there was no crush situation is also daming , of the few videos of the police trying to force them back a tiny police woman was at the front doing her bit , there are whilte police in that trump group

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.