US Politics Thread

Fascist l: "a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government — and no tolerance for opposing opinions."

Replace ‘Fascist’ with ‘Republicans’ and no one would notice or dispute it.

Fascist l: "a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government — and no tolerance for opposing opinions."

I am not sure you are using that term correctly. But hey, whatever floats your boat :)
He is using it correctly.

I think you just misunderstand the person he is talking about.

So is healthcare that bankrupts you for being diagnosed with cancer.

The average US citizen pays more in tax than that of the U.K.
but get fuck all welfare, healthcare that won’t bankrupt them and pension.

They do however have a very big army and lots of shiny boats, jets and things that go bang though.
I'm not sure that's true, mate. Income tax is lower, and even state taxes (like 8.8 % in NY) still bring it in at less than the UK.

And US sales tax (5% on average) is significantly lower than VAT.

Even inheritance tax is a little more lenient in the US. Only applies to estates with a value of $12 million and above (at 40%), whereas the UK hits you with 40% inheritance tax on anything over £325,000.

Property tax is comparable to council tax but this is offset by not really having a monthly car tax.

Doesn't change your main point, however. You get fucked on healthcare (I'm typing this, incredibly bored, sat in a hospital bed in Maryland and I'm fucking dreading my bill, despite my high monthly premiums), and Social Security is only really available for exceptional circumstances.

I'm not sure that's true, mate. Income tax is lower, and even state taxes (like 8.8 % in NY) still bring it in at less than the UK.

And US sales tax (5% on average) is significantly lower than VAT.

Even inheritance tax is a little more lenient in the US. Only applies to estates with a value of $12 million and above (at 40%), whereas the UK hits you with 40% inheritance tax on anything over £325,000.

Property tax is comparable to council tax but this is offset by not really having a monthly car tax.

Doesn't change your main point, however. You get fucked on healthcare (I'm typing this, incredibly bored, sat in a hospital bed in Maryland and I'm fucking dreading my bill, despite my high monthly premiums), and Social Security is only really available for exceptional circumstances.
It’s pretty close and income dependent:

IMG_2366.jpeg

IMG_2367.jpeg

Hope you get better soon mate.

Also side note, it’s 40% on over £325,000 or £650,000 if you’re a married couple but £1m if it’s your property (main residence) that takes you over the Nil Rate Band.

It’s pretty close and income dependent:

View attachment 93897

View attachment 93898

Hope you get better soon mate.

Also side note, it’s 40% on over £325,000 or £650,000 if you’re a married couple but £1m if it’s your property (main residence) that takes you over the Nil Rate Band.
Cheers, fella.

Never knew that re. married couple going up to £650k.

Nice to learn something in US politics thread other than the daily, soul-destroying confirmation that Boebert, MTG, Trump, Gaetz and the rest of the MAGA bellsniffs are cunts.

I am not sure you are using that term correctly. But hey, whatever floats your boat :)
None so blind as those who refuse to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.