US Politics Thread

What systems? Campaign finance? I could see that. But the system has functioned for quite awhile pretty well without a criminal totalitarian-worshipping charlatan getting past the front gates. I laid out how and why. Lack of understanding of what he was led to his election. But his renomination or ability to run again should never have happened. And there is no way to legislate the breaking of trust if there are no consequences for those that break it.
The problem is, you are never going to be able to legislate for something like that anyway when one of the parties flatly refuse to legislate.

Haley wins the first 6 votes of the day in NH.

I always used to think NH was the state that was closest to the UK politically. Not sure that’s true any more but I trust that they are a state with a decent amount of sensible people. This is really the last chance to inflict a blow to Trump, even if it’s just his ego. Somebody needs to show the cult that their god can bleed.

At this stage I’m just hoping for somebody to carry on the fight as long as possible for his other affairs to catch up to him. So I guess if that’s got to be Haley then so be it.

376983D4-6868-4E03-9E7F-BA0D7D6F1987.jpeg

Haley wins the first 6 votes of the day in NH.

I always used to think NH was the state that was closest to the UK politically. Not sure that’s true any more but I trust that they are a state with a decent amount of sensible people. This is really the last chance to inflict a blow to Trump, even if it’s just his ego. Somebody needs to show the cult that their god can bleed.

At this stage I’m just hoping for somebody to carry on the fight as long as possible for his other affairs to catch up to him. So I guess if that’s got to be Haley then so be it.

View attachment 104892
It could be all over this time tomorrow.

Hopefully she's in enough touching distance to make other primaries interesting.

Wonder what the turnout and % of the vote will be.

Only 3% of Iowans actually voted for him last week.

The Iowa caucus in 2008 and 2012 represented about 4% of the population and they had some terrible weather this year so a fair amount of people probably dialled it in. One interesting fact is that they did have near record turnout in the older demographic. Which tells you how bad the turnout must have been for younger people, an ongoing part of the GOP’s existential crisis.

This is why it’s difficult to project any significant trends in national voting though. Primary season only reflects the views of an ardent and more politicised slither of the US.

Wouldn't it be great if the US had two younger guys running for President instead of the two crusty old wankstains that we will likely have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.