Us

cleavers said:
Chris in London said:
cleavers said:
Me too, unfortunately far too many on here just don't have the balls for being supporters of a top club.

We do, though, mate. We have a lot more than most and we have the history to prove it. We have been to Barcelona and Munich and High Wycombe and Colchester and were loud and proud Wherever.

But a lot of us seem to have forgotten it.
I was very careful with my words Chris, see PM.

Good point, well made.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:03 pm --<br /><br />
malg said:
Chris in London said:
Fuck this.

Sunday was a bad result, yesterday was worse.

But for fucks sake, this is the time to show some fucking resolve.

I have just had a look at some of the threads on here. 'Have they bottled it'. 'Is the season a failure'. 'They earn too much money.' yadda yadda.

The title is probably beyond us. Liverpool and Chelsea both have to fuck it up. It is probably too much to hope that they will, though weirder things have happened in football. There is a bigger point, though. We are now being hit with a flood of criticism - the most highly paid squad in the universe and all they manage is the capital one cup. Chokers. About to be thrown to the wolves by UEFA.

We've had our 24 hours of self pity after yesterday. We've had our days of bitching about the referee on Sunday and the dippers in the media. Now is the time to put the words of the song into practice - you stand your ground, you never run.

Before the sheikh came, before we moved to this stadium, before we played in this years kit, before the premier league, there was still a Manchester City. Because Hull and Cardiff and Wimbledon and everyone else tell you one thing, and that is that the heart of a football club is its supporters. Us. Not the shirt, or the ground, or the name. Us.

So for my money it is time to ditch the self pity, ditch the whining, leave the post season analysis for the post season, and be blues. Stand up and be counted, show the cunts what Manchester City really is, and what it means and what it stands for.

Time for some backbone.
I for one don't applaud you for that post, as it's just too fucking easy. This 'remember where we came from' stuff is just tosh. We all remember where we came from, and can wax lyrical in front of any Rag about how we got 30,000 at some home games when we were in the third tier. However, this is Bluemoon, and apart from the odd lurking Rag and Dipper (oh, and some Tarquins), it is full of Blues, and is a place where we can have a good fucking moan about games. I'm not one for really moaning about the players, or saying we should be winning trophies - but I totally understand the sentiments of those who are pissed off, and Bluemoon is where they can do it.

Some of the doom and gloom may be a bit misplaced, but you have to understand that to some people City is what gets them through their day. Their jobs may be shite, they hate their boss, the pay isn't great, but they support a team that is now challenging for trophies, and that is something that can maybe make other things more tolerable. When we were shite you could just shrug the results off, but now it's different.

So, get off your soapbox and let the guys and gals crack on with that great British pastime of moaning - it's what put the Great into Great Britain.....a good fucking moan, and Bluemoon is the place for it.

Bluemoon is the place for it, absolutely.

Now is not the time for it. We can moan all fucking summer. A lot of people are watching us now, and waiting to see how we react.

Time to react like blues.

Chris in London said:
cleavers said:
Rascal said:
Best post I have read today CiL
Me too, unfortunately far too many on here just don't have the balls for being supporters of a top club.

We do, though, mate. We have a lot more than most and we have the history to prove it. We have been to Barcelona and Munich and High Wycombe and Colchester and were loud and proud Wherever.

But a lot of us seem to have forgotten it.

Mate I wish we had 47,000 more fans like you on a match day.

The self serving attitude of 'some' of our fans really does embarrass me - and its represented quite loudly on here. They do our fantastic club and fans a disservice and are dragging us down with them.

It's all the players fault, yet they're expected to play at a thousand miles an hour in front of fans that 'expect' us to steamroll every team and don't show any kind of passion for the team.

They criticise every one and every thing but themselves. They need to take a long hard look in the mirror. Now is the time as City fans, in the last 5 games to show what we are really made of and what we really stand for and that is NOT how we are coming across at the moment.

I cringe when journo's contrast Anfields atmosphere with the Etihad and say we are quiet when we all know Anfield has been a library and their players couldn't buy a win there last season. This thing isn't over and its time for us to be loud and proud and back the players to the hilt.

Chris in London said:
Fuck this.

I have just had a look at some of the threads on here. 'Have they bottled it'. 'Is the season a failure'. 'They earn too much money.' yadda yadda.

The title is probably beyond us. Liverpool and Chelsea both have to fuck it up. It is probably too much to hope that they will, though weirder things have happened in football. There is a bigger point, though. We are now being hit with a flood of criticism - the most highly paid squad in the universe and all they manage is the capital one cup. Chokers. About to be thrown to the wolves by UEFA.

We've had our 24 hours of self pity after yesterday. We've had our days of bitching about the referee on Sunday and the dippers in the media. Now is the time to put the words of the song into practice - you stand your ground, you never run.

Before the sheikh came, before we moved to this stadium, before we played in this years kit, before the premier league, there was still a Manchester City. Because Hull and Cardiff and Wimbledon and everyone else tell you one thing, and that is that the heart of a football club is its supporters. Us. Not the shirt, or the ground, or the name. Us.

So for my money it is time to ditch the self pity, ditch the whining, leave the post season analysis for the post season, and be blues. Stand up and be counted, show the cunts what Manchester City really is, and what it means and what it stands for.

Time for some backbone.

Where was this passion last night, Chris? I sit near the back of the first tier in the Colin Bell and could hear the players shouting to each other. Not for one second do I think we have choked I think we didn't want it enough. We simply do not work hard enough. Sunderland/Southampton and Wigan have all outplayed us at the Etihad recently not because they are better but because they wanted it more. One comment of yours I do agree with though is "Time for some backbone" but perhaps not in the direction you intended. Someone at the club should take the players to task, trying your best and failing is nothing to be ashamed of, not trying your best warrants a bollocking in any walk of life. I would also love it if someone at the club "showed some backbone" and had a go at "us" the fans. No one will of course because it's the last taboo but quite frankly we have been crap. One final thing while I'm raging, I've got two mates who support Oldham and for virtually all their supporting lives it's been 3rd and 4th division mid table football. We spent one season in the 3rd division fighting for promotion ( and getting it ) and seem to spend half our lives telling everyone how loyal we are because of it. If we're loyal what are they? Bottom line for me is it's all relative, if we are crap ( stuart Pearce era ) then I was delighted that we avoided relegation. That was our level. Our level now is a lot higher than that and having a target of avoiding relegation would be very silly. Our target's now are to win the major trophies and that is how we should be judged.

Palerider said:
Chris in London said:
Fuck this.

Time for some backbone.

Where was this passion last night, Chris? I sit near the back of the first tier in the Colin Bell and could hear the players shouting to each other. Not for one second do I think we have choked I think we didn't want it enough. We simply do not work hard enough. Sunderland/Southampton and Wigan have all outplayed us at the Etihad recently not because they are better but because they wanted it more. One comment of yours I do agree with though is "Time for some backbone" but perhaps not in the direction you intended. Someone at the club should take the players to task, trying your best and failing is nothing to be ashamed of, not trying your best warrants a bollocking in any walk of life. I would also love it if someone at the club "showed some backbone" and had a go at "us" the fans. No one will of course because it's the last taboo but quite frankly we have been crap. One final thing while I'm raging, I've got two mates who support Oldham and for virtually all their supporting lives it's been 3rd and 4th division mid table football. We spent one season in the 3rd division fighting for promotion ( and getting it ) and seem to spend half our lives telling everyone how loyal we are because of it. If we're loyal what are they? Bottom line for me is it's all relative, if we are crap ( stuart Pearce era ) then I was delighted that we avoided relegation. That was our level. Our level now is a lot higher than that and having a target of avoiding relegation would be very silly. Our target's now are to win the major trophies and that is how we should be judged.

Nothing you say is wrong and there is nothing I disagree with, but it misses the point.

We need to show who we are NOW. Sunderland, Wigan, arse, dippers, they are gone. Last night is spilled milk and there is no point crying over it.

We can't win trophies. Only the XI on the pitch can do that. But we can be blues. And blues are not Mard.

Chris in London said:
Palerider said:
Chris in London said:
Fuck this.

Time for some backbone.

Nothing you say is wrong and there is nothing I disagree with, but it misses the point.

We need to show who we are NOW. Sunderland, Wigan, arse, dippers, they are gone. Last night is spilled milk and there is no point crying over it.

We can't win trophies. Only the XI on the pitch can do that. But we can be blues. And blues are not Mard.

Well said Chris. If we carry in whingeing we will end up like the scousers. Bloody hell perhaps some of us have been tainted by our visit to self-pity city at the weekend.

bobbyowenquiff said:
Chris in London said:
Palerider said:

Well said Chris. If we carry in whingeing we will end up like the scousers. Bloody hell perhaps some of us have been tainted by our visit to self-pity city at the weekend.

No point in worrying about it, time to move on. We have a game on Monday.

Besides, it isn't worth the candle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.