Using Mobiles Whilst Driving #%×*heads...

A car should fail its MOT if it does not have an active Bluetooth hands free kit.
Any new car sold in the UK should have hands free included.

It is a safety issue thus anyone caught using their phone whilst operating machinery should face prosecution.

One problem is however that people argue they are using their phones Sat navigation system and aren't using phone/text messaging so whilst there are imbeciles who have no regard for life, there are genuine people who are using sat nav on their devices.

I agree with the Bluetooth install, should be a no brainer to have it fitted, regardless of the cost of the vehicle. As for the SatNav, surely that should be programmed before you start your journey?

Apple CarPlay is fantastic, absolutely no need to hold my phone while driving now. Maps, phone calls, music and texting all hands free. No excuse to be holding your phone while driving in 2016.

Apple CarPlay is fantastic, absolutely no need to hold my phone while driving now. Maps, phone calls, music and texting all hands free. No excuse to be holding your phone while driving in 2016.

So cars without Apple car play, are you saying it's fine to hold your phone for the activities you mention. Incidentally has there been any excuse for holding your phone whilst driving before 2016.

So cars without Apple car play, are you saying it's fine to hold your phone for the activities you mention. Incidentally has there been any excuse for holding your phone whilst driving before 2016.
No to both, obviously.

People don't always make it clear whether they are referring to the use of phones in cars, full stop, or drivers not using hands-free. Clearly the latter is totally reckless and needs stronger penalties. But the former?

Where do you stand on it?

I wouldn't ban phones completely from cars. Although there is evidence of loss of concentration, the same goes for various other things and you can't uninvent a piece of technology that's so embedded in our lives.

Texting, hand-dialling or reading phone when on the move? For that alone, I'd probably set a scale from six points minimum (e.g. traffic at walking pace) up to a ban. Plus a significant fine in both cases. Maybe a ban in all cases - not sure.

Causing an accident when using a hand-held phone? Charge with dangerous driving. Ban and jail sentence.

worse one i have ever seen was today,, a woman pushing a push chair with a kiddy in it crossing a duel carriageway and a 3 year old following, the woman was on her phone and never clocked where the toddler was, when she got across the road she looked behind to see where the kid was and the child was stood in the centre of the carriageway with an arctic passing by

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.