Using the wrong word

Cheesy said:
Should of.

Could of.

Would of.

It's fucking have you thick, illiterate, backwards, simple, uneducated, ignorant cunts!

(Sorry, really bothers me.)

I find nowadays that people actually SAY of instead of have, as well as writing it.

Cheesy said:
Should of.

Could of.

Would of.

It's fucking have you thick, illiterate, backwards, simple, uneducated, ignorant *****!

(Sorry, really bothers me.)

This of instead of have is the biggest wind up for us in the Grammar and Spelling Constabulary.

And you missed out retarded..

If you could HAVE put children in the corner of the classroom and not let them out until they got it right, or not given them any milk or let them go for dinner until they got it right, it would have sorted it!

quiet_riot said:
'Got another thing coming' (it's think, as wrong as it sounds)

It comes from 'If you think ....(whatever) then you have got another think coming'

So many use 'thing' instead...does annoy me too. Even Judas Priest fucked it up and called their single 'You Got Another Thing Comin'

glad we didn't loose on sunday, for a time it looked like we could of

the grammar police seem proud of they're superior knowledge and indeed being a mind of information, although why, i can't imagine.

it seams to be an age thing or somethink

we should berry the hatchet, put our noses to the wheel and enjoy the moment, life is to short for petty picnicking

UUBlue said:
Carver said:
UUBlue said:
It's not always incorrect to use these forms though.

Please explain when it is correct, except for when you are quoting what somebody else said or wrote ad verbatim. (For example if they are the lyrics to a song).

I would, of course, explain it to you if you were unable to work it out for yourself.

Granted, the offending words in the sentence above are separated by a comma, but they are legitimately used consecutively.

Should 'of' be used instead of 'have'? I think in most cases, no.

Go on, I'll let you off UUBlue. I was trying to catch you out with the comma, I think that you rumbled me ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.