Vaccine passports to enter the ground?

There’s an obsession over every person having it but currently 46m have had first jab out of an adult population of around 52m. Out of that remaining 11-12% that haven’t yet there’s probably 1-2m “legitimately” not having it and lots still to book or booked in. It seems a very small number that won’t have it and i can’t see how it matters.

Devil's advocate here ..... so, if allowances can be made for that group, does it not negate ''everyone must be vaccinated''? All or none kinda thinking ...
Whenever there's a vaccination program - not just Covid - there are always people who can't be for medical reasons.

One of the main arguments for encouraging kids to get their MMR etc. was that it protects not just their kids, but also those who have no choice. It's the strongest moral/social argument against the "I'll decide my own risk" viewpoint.

Devil's advocate here ..... so, if allowances can be made for that group, does it not negate ''everyone must be vaccinated''? All or none kinda thinking ...

Not really. Accommodating the tiny number of people who are medically exempt from vaccination is massively different to the many more who’ve just chosen not to.

The risk will be tiny and worthwhile.

What about the placebo group that was mentioned in the House of Commons the other day, where the vaccine minister basically said they'd be counted as "fully vaccinated"? How does that make sense? It could literally mean thousands of placebo-jabbed going to matches. How many millions have received the placebo? Couldn't believe my ears when I heard him saying it.

By October 99% of Adults will have had the opportunity to be fully vaccinated.
If for medical reasons you can't then that is one thing, if you can't be arsed, you don't believe Covid is a Thing, or believe in an extreme Religion you should not be supporting City.
I work with a lot of Nigerians who have mentioned the need to be vaccinated to travel to Africa and a lot of them have said something about how these vaccinations have been around for a while now and so they trust them. But their reason for not having this one is that it is very new, and how can their mind be put at ease that this one that's been around for a year is safe, based on what?

I'm not a scientist so I can't answer that. But they aren't refusing based on the above. It's fear and probably having too much information and not knowing who to trust when often the sources saying this is safe, like msm, have a track record of lying or saying whatever it is that benefits who pays their wage.

I'm still undecided, like I said, but I disagree with this kind of attitude towards anyone who isn't vaccinated then using this as the stick to beat them away from the ground.

There’s an obsession over every person having it but currently 46m have had first jab out of an adult population of around 52m. Out of that remaining 11-12% that haven’t yet there’s probably 1-2m “legitimately” not having it and lots still to book or booked in. It seems a very small number that won’t have it and i can’t see how it matters.
12% a small number you must be kidding, I wish I got that as an interest rate on my savings.

12% a small number you must be kidding, I wish I got that as an interest rate on my savings.
Interest rates and the rate of people “needed” to have a vaccine to “protect” the population. Cant see the comparison.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.