Valencia in for Negredo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTID101 said:
Will be interesting to see what happens now, it seems by all accounts he wants to go. He has apparently agreed a drop in wages and his family are ready to go back to Spain.

On one hand we need him to stay to provide us with quality cover and ability to rotate but on the other hand we are letting a player go who doesn't really want to be here and we are getting a very good deal in terms of 25m euros for a player who is nearing 30.

Txiki could well let Negredo go and know that we have a guaranteed income next summer to get a deal in place for someone next year.

A hell of a risk though leaving us with only three strikers.
Especially as two are sick notes waiting to happen

It's written in the stars if he leaves, Sergio and edin will get injured and questions regarding sanity will be asked. Are we that desperate to rake in the cash for FFP we are willing to leave ourselves so unguarded

The reports I read said he would only leave if Falcao signed. Has that changed?

I get the impression that he's ambivalent about it. Not desperately looking to leave but not desperate to stay. I think foreign players tend to become homesick when they're injured. Less for them to do to fill the time.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
CTID101 said:
Will be interesting to see what happens now, it seems by all accounts he wants to go. He has apparently agreed a drop in wages and his family are ready to go back to Spain.

On one hand we need him to stay to provide us with quality cover and ability to rotate but on the other hand we are letting a player go who doesn't really want to be here and we are getting a very good deal in terms of 25m euros for a player who is nearing 30.

Txiki could well let Negredo go and know that we have a guaranteed income next summer to get a deal in place for someone next year.

A hell of a risk though leaving us with only three strikers.
Especially as two are sick notes waiting to happen

Agreed.

I'd say we still have flexible options to play Silva or Yaya off one striker but I dont trust Silva staying fit either.

We (in my opinion) still have the best spine in the league in Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero but remarkably they haven't played as many games together as people might think due to injuries. We also have the best squad but it is weakening it by going in with only 3 strikers.

cibaman said:

I get the impression that he's ambivalent about it. Not desperately looking to leave but not desperate to stay. I think foreign players tend to become homesick when they're injured. Less for them to do to fill the time.

Homesick when injured and struggling for form... bet you he wasn't homesick when he was banging them in before christmas

Feed the Elk said:
cibaman said:

Homesick when injured and struggling for form... bet you he wasn't homesick when he was banging them in before christmas

His poor run of form post the West Ham away injury cost him a place at the WC. He 'may' have interpreted playing in England for us makes his chances of getting back in the squad for the Euro's more difficult. It might sound bollocks to us, but that coinciding with potential homesickness may be driving a desire to return to Spain.

BUT we should not have let this go to the final day.

If we sell him and Sergio does himself in and jovetic still finding his feet we would be left with just dzeko

Benarbia said:
If we sell him and Sergio does himself in and jovetic still finding his feet we would be left with just dzeko

Terrifying thought.

The thing is, Negredo HAS to go. I loved him last season but we won't get anything out of him for months with his injury and even when he's fit again, we're likely to get the Negredo of February onwards.

negredo was sat behind me on Sat (in one of the boxes). was stood up complaining when Yaya's 'pen' wasn't given. I think he'd stil put in his all for the shirt if he was to stay. think everyone's writing him off as uninterested far too early

Samosa said:
Benarbia said:

Terrifying thought.

The thing is, Negredo HAS to go. I loved him last season but we won't get anything out of him for months with his injury and even when he's fit again, we're likely to get the Negredo of February onwards.
And you know this because you're Psychic I presume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.